Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Manual Backup

AfterShock911

I would love and option to do a manual back up. 
Yesterday I had an issue with Conan where a character was corrupted/changed after a patch and reboot. I then had to restore from a back up as the server saves did not revert the character its self only. 
I will get more specific as it could have been a SS issue due to some settings getting changed during reboots.
My char was set as fully nude at creation.I played naked for about 6 hours. I had to patch the server and when I logged back in I had clothes on. The char was flagged for fully clothed after a few reboots and reloads of previous save files and verifying that the ServerSettings.ini had MaxNudity=2 all i can assume was that the char file that carries non adjustable attributes done in char creation was now flagged as fully clothed. A backup restore fixed the issue but I did lose a few hours and at this point it really is a non issue as I planned on wiping the sever and characters later during the day.

All that being said .... 
The ability to do a full backup before I apply a patch would be amazing and is what I would do if I had the VM on my own hardware. 
Even if it was automatic before the update ran this would be good. 
I understand that storage requirements might be an issue with this but keeping the last X number of saves or allowing X number of toggles for do not overwrite.