Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Loot and zombies not spawning on map

Cptbetty

Hello,

Im getting the issue of loot not spawning anywhere on the map. Ive look at every possible forum post and little tips to try to fix this without success. 

Every forum ive looked at uses EXTREMELY vague directions saying shit like "check your .init" when they arnt specifying which .pbo its in. (Also saying shit like "add around line #number.")

So the point of this is, can anyone point me in the right direction to help me get loot spawning? Zombies do spawn as well but very very scarce and ive seen that those are connected.

Hey there,

No loot and sparse zombie spawning sounds like a serious problem. I wouldn't know how to fix that in the PBOs so if it was up to me I would reinstall the map (If it's not a problem to wipe the database) and start from scratch. Or, you might try exporting your current database, reinstalling the map, and then importing your database back in using phpMyAdmin. 

If you aren't comfortable doing those things then you should submit a trouble ticket through the support page.

Jnkbller

Did you submit a support ticket? SS is usually pretty responsive, especially to issues like this one. That should be your next step.

Also, what map are you running and what errors are you getting? Are the errors displayed on the screen or in your RPT log?

We are responsive but we don't fix servers that have been custom modded by the customer for issues like this.

If it's a core issue we can take a look but most of the time it's due to customer custom modding.

This issue was present before i made any changes in the pbos. But the support team is very helpful, i have to admin.