Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Missing spawns on the center.

Zeroth

Recently I have started a server and it runs great. The only problems is gun shots crash the game, but that's not the most annoying problem. The new update did something to my server and the new additions dont spawn... it has also affected Allosauruses for some reason even though they worked before. Yes I do use mods, but from what I heard they dont affect the spawns and instead add their own. Does anyone know any strategies to get spawns to work without removing any mods? Spawning the missing creatures through the console dont crash the game so the actual creatures are okay.

Edit: Spawned allosaruses in and tamed them. They worked fine, then I shut server down and restarted. They have disappeared

Well I tried this and it seemed to not have worked. Looking for other possible solutions.

List your mods here. Some dino mods conflict with others, especially the Indominus Rex mods with dragon mods. they actually reduce or prohibit topside spawns.

You can usually use the clipping toggle command, and go through the volcanoes, and mountains and land and see tons of dinos just sitting there. That means lot of your mods are conflicting.

I had similar issues. just list all your mods here.

Alright I will do that. I removed all the mods I was running and checked out the total conversion. It seemed the problems still persisted with just the total conversion running, which I assume means its something in it. It is strange because everything in my server worked great before the latest Ark content update. The mod itself is updated, and it seems nobody is having any issues, from what I read in the discussions. Here are the mods and load order.

COOL 20+ NEW CREATURES' VERSIONS AND REALISM TWEAK   total conversion

1. Stargate Atlantis.

2. Many New Items

3. Better Dinos

4. Uber Crafter (WIP)

5. Dragons plus

6. Underwater Basemod - Saddles update

7. Pimp My Dino

8. Big Raft

9. Pet Finder

10. More Narcotics & More Tranq-Arrows combined V2.1

Alright I will do that. I removed all the mods I was running and checked out the total conversion. It seemed the problems still persisted with just the total conversion running, which I assume means its something in it. It is strange because everything in my server worked great before the latest Ark content update. The mod itself is updated, and it seems nobody is having any issues, from what I read in the discussions. Here are the mods and load order.

COOL 20+ NEW CREATURES' VERSIONS AND REALISM TWEAK   total conversion

1. Stargate Atlantis.

2. Many New Items

3. Better Dinos

4. Uber Crafter (WIP)

5. Dragons plus

6. Underwater Basemod - Saddles update

7. Pimp My Dino

8. Big Raft

9. Pet Finder

10. More Narcotics & More Tranq-Arrows combined V2.1

That conversion recommends not to use the map that comes with the mod, so not sure if you changed the files to that map or used parts of it, it's not recommended. Hopefully that's not the case.

• Looks like it uses a simulation system, where it looks for spawns that the game engine uses, and tries to replace those spawns and change the dino data, so occasionally i can see a conflict happening where both files are looking for a that coordinate where a spawn should occur it can definitely create a no spawn based on game engine. You have to remember with conversion mods, they replace what the original content is, but the way the game files load, it tries to read first what is native, once it sees that conversion line of code is pointing to another file  it will load it in that order. So it can occasionally give you issues.

Ideally, you should be ok with the current mods, could of been some weird stack for spawning.

Honestly, if you put back all the mods (for next time assuming you did already), i would put them in one by one, start up the game and test them. Than upload the next and so on. This helps eliminate any spamming or catching errors early.

But really you should be ok according to the way these mods are used.

Any other issues, post it here, and while you wait for a response i would definitely bring it up to Survival Team. They work hard, so give it some time.

Don't worry I am not using the map that comes with it. Its just a testing map placed on a white grid field, so that does not sound fun. I figured going into the mod it may conflict lightly but, update 248 seemed to do something. What I find bizarre is that it seems only I am having problems. Just the update all spawns were coming in, and only minor bugs you get from mods were present. If I spawn in the creatures manually they disappear after loading back in.

I am trying to avoid asking for help for a little while, because I have bothered the team enough and since I am new, I need to figure out how to solve some problems before asking for help from the hard working team.

As far as spawning them in manually and disappearing, i think it works similar to other games, where it would have to be done in a manner that saves to the original game data. I definitely would not know how to keep those.

really, any game that i have come across in my years of modding and coding i have always noticed, anything modded from it's original context will have issues. Always. even if they are minor.