Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How do you deal with Hackers that disconnect you?

nakedzombo

Every time we would enter in the admin pass we would get disconnected. No one was on the ban list. It seemed he had an auto kicker

Why not ban him from the server? Assuming you have control over the server. Just block his steam ID.

Every time we would enter in the admin pass we would get disconnected. No one was on the ban list. It seemed he had an auto kicker

That doesn't even make sense.  How would a non-admin know you were entering in commands?  How would he even be doing it?  You should know that ark has all sorts of issues with how it handles bugs and crashes, one of the most common ways is you get disconnected from the server.  Chances are whatever you are doing when entering in that password is actually causing your server and client to go haywire so its giving you the boot.  It could be a mod you're running as well.  ESPECIALLY if you have mods that do admin like things.  Mods are especially notorious for having this sort of effect when something goes wrong or is coded badly.  

Just the other week there was an update to the builders helmet but the mod author did not update the version numbers, so my client auto updated via steam like normal, but my server was not updated as i had not rebooted in a few days.  Every time I would put on the builders helmet it would suddenly give me a 'disconnected from host' message.  No client or server crash or anything in any log files.

To many people love to jump on the 'hacker' claim when they have no idea how any of it actually works.  I'm 99.9999999999999% positive you do not have a hacker problem.

The best way to avoid the scenario you describe (which is very unlikely, IMO, as mndfreeze posted) is to just get the steam ids for your admins and make an AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt in the root of your /ShooterGame/Saved directory on the server.

To find Steam IDs, you can use this link: http://steamid.co/

Then just add them into the file so the file as one steam id per line and nothing else.  For more, see: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/523890046866158622/