Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

[MOD/Install Guide]: Welcome Credits

merlin777

WELCOME CREDITS MOD

This is a very easy mod to install and easy to edit.

Original mod by Bohemia Interactive

Add the Credits file attached to this post into a folder called custom in your mission pbo root directory.

(root directory in this instance refers to your main folder with list of files, extract mission pbo and the folder that opens up is your root directory)

If you don't have a custom folder. You can create one. Add the file in it.

Go to your init.sqf file

add

[] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";

at the bottom or between these two lines (either one works)

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "custom\credits.sqf";
    //Conduct map operations

Thats how it should look if you go that route.

Now only thing left to do is edit your messages you want appearing.

Here is how it looks (since dayzopen.net is down currently):

HERE

If you want to change your text colors in the credits.sqf file click here for the codes
Those color codes will work for all your menu and text in game just an FYI.

You can change the file name to whatever you want just remember to change the define call in your init.sqf, i chose credits.sqf just because it is shorter. Credit for this script goes to: IT07

credits.zip

• 2 weeks later...

So I want to have it in the same spot, but have it so that the text doesn't wrap and its taller, so all the text can be viewed. I dont know programing so not sure how to change this to fit my text. Any help would be great.

So I want to have it in the same spot, but have it so that the text doesn't wrap and its taller, so all the text can be viewed. I dont know programing so not sure how to change this to fit my text. Any help would be great.

In your credits file there is this line of code:

{
	sleep 2;
	_memberFunction = _x select 0;
	_memberNames = _x select 1;
	_finalText = format ["<t size='0.40' color='#f2cb0b' align='right'>%1<br /></t>", _memberFunction];
	_finalText = _finalText + "<t size='0.70' color='#FFFFFF' align='right'>";
	{_finalText = _finalText + format ["%1<br />", _x]} forEach _memberNames;
	_finalText = _finalText + "</t>";
	_onScreenTime + (((count _memberNames) - 1) * 0.5);
[
  • making it taller would require possibly moving the entire format over to the 'center' The align= 'right' portion, can be used to move the text to left or center by replacing right with whatever you choose (if you want to at some point change it)

• The portion for format ["<t size='0.40' color='#f2cb0b'  the .40 is the size. There is a _finalText = format and _finalText = _finalText The final text= format i am pretty sure you can change the font size, if you want more space i would bring it down a notch. maybe 0.30 and see how it looks. Or if you want to enlarge it .50, .60 .70 etc etc.. I believe those are percentages.

• You will have to test different numbers. Trial and error depending how long your text s. If you dont want text breaking remove the /br portion. but don't make it too long.

• Also assuming this is standard html/php jargo syntax, you can use also 'justify' to stretch so all text is equal length, its weird with the sizes because they act like they are using css type numbers.

So without testing it myself, based on the logic i see, .40 =40%, i don't know about making them taller entirely.

Use this site as reference if you need colors, alignments etc. HERE