Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

BEC Scheduler

dakadoo

So I want to setup a series of messages that go out through BEC. I am totally lost on this however. I have read every forum, every setup guide, but not find what i want. So here is what i want. I want to send a message saying

Welcome

Then maybe 10 minutes later another saying

Read the Rules

then 10 minutes later another saying

and so on for how ever many messages that i want with a endless loop. Please someone give me an example how to do this?

So I want to setup a series of messages that go out through BEC. I am totally lost on this however. I have read every forum, every setup guide, but not find what i want. So here is what i want. I want to send a message saying

Welcome

Then maybe 10 minutes later another saying

Read the Rules

then 10 minutes later another saying

and so on for how ever many messages that i want with a endless loop. Please someone give me an example how to do this?

Only use this if you want specific times. Etc. Otherwise you can edit your remote messages and change the file path so it works on the client side.

If you go into your FTP w/ftp client of some sort usually Filezilla (server has to be stopped)

YOu can find the scheduler in the BEC folder than in the Config Folder, just drag onto your desktop, edit with Notepad ++ and follow the guide on messages HERE

(it's still the same method since 1.6)

CustomKillMessages by OverHeaT

WelcomeCredits Script

(for the credits, you have to make a text file copy and paste the entire code and save as whateveryouwant.sqf make sure .sqf is at the end or it wont save in this format., than just define the call where ever you put the folder. ex: ExecVM "mods/credits/welcome.sqf"; )

or you can use this one for death messages if you have issues with players: here

I have read through many forums and that specific site you mentioned, but it doesn't really tell you how to do it, it gives you the settings and the codes to do it, but no example, if i could just see an example of what i want to do, it would make more sense, I learn by seeing, not ready. So reading didn't help me at all, please, i just need an example somewhere to show the setup of multiple BEC messages, that are scheduled to go one after another, with a period of 10 minutes between them and to start say every 45 to 1 hour. 

I have read through many forums and that specific site you mentioned, but it doesn't really tell you how to do it, it gives you the settings and the codes to do it, but no example, if i could just see an example of what i want to do, it would make more sense, I learn by seeing, not ready. So reading didn't help me at all, please, i just need an example somewhere to show the setup of multiple BEC messages, that are scheduled to go one after another, with a period of 10 minutes between them and to start say every 45 to 1 hour. 

<!-- this job will start after 15 seconds and will run every 25 sec. total times the message will be show is 6 times -->

<job id='2'>

<day>7</day>

<start>000015</start>

<runtime>000025</runtime>

<loop>5</loop>

<cmd>say -1 job:2 six times</cmd>

</job>

That is the section you didn't read:

if you want 45 minutes type in 2700

Best Way: (in the scheduler)

here is your typical messaging block.

<!-- this job will start after 15 seconds and will run every 25 sec. total times the message will be show is 6 times -->

<job id='0'>

<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>//this will run 7days and repeat.

<start>000015</start> //this is when the first message appears

<runtime>002700</runtime> //this is the time you want recurring

<loop>1</loop>  //leaving this at 1 enables a continuous loop, 0 means disabled and it will only run 1 time

<cmd>say -1 Here goes your message blablabla</cmd>

</job>

you get it? Reading is not fun it's easier to have things done for you but when something goes wrong, you are stuck waiting on support or players are upset with you. I suggest getting to know each aspect of what you are trying to edit.

Good Luck.

If none of this helps, email support.