Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

5.0 Difficulty

PammyPop

Its a command line option.   You have to set your map to 'custom' to get the command line options box to show up. Make sure you read the help infographic for it to understand how it works.

Not sure why survival servers hasn't just added it into the advanced launch option section yet as a checkbox and input box.  It doesn't seem any more complicated then adding in the notransferfromfiltering command line option, even for clusters.

Because it's a custom launch parameter not an advanced launch parameter. Custom launch parameters go in the custom launch parameters text input.

This is how ARK does it and we follow along with how they have things set up to avoid any sort of confusion.

Can you all check my customer launch parameters - I killed my server last night trying to up the difficulty. Note: My only goal is to up the difficulty so I would like to put the minimum in that is needed:

ScorchedEarth_P?Multihome=158.69.xx.xxx?Port=18215?QueryPort=18216?SessionName=Test?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=XXXX?ServerAdminPassword=XXXX!?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=18217?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArkXXXX?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0?GameModIDs=600705968,680481868,572277026,693416678,578592447,719406011,56688585

If that is ok my other question is - do I have to put items in the customer launch parameters that I already have specified elsewhere if I switch over to custom? Or can I leave them in the config files. For example: Dino damage or nigh time cycles etc?

and I would put my difficulty offset in the server config=1?

As I understand it, the difficulty offset becomes meaningless when you use the command line switch.

You don't need to put game.ini or GameUserSettings,ini into the custom launch string, but if you have something in that line, it will override things in the sspanel (e.g. your server name, password, etc., on that same page).

I don't understand what you are asking on the launch line.  It all looks fine to me.  Is your server not launching?

As I understand it, the difficulty offset becomes meaningless when you use the command line switch.

You don't need to put game.ini or GameUserSettings,ini into the custom launch string, but if you have something in that line, it will override things in the sspanel (e.g. your server name, password, etc., on that same page).

I don't understand what you are asking on the launch line.  It all looks fine to me.  Is your server not launching?

Well it didn't last night but I think its because I did not specify the mods but had the mods in the old interface place - and yeah the server was very unhappy. It was stuck on start and the interface was locked. It ended up crashing but is back up now and I'm restoring to last good save since all the mod stuff disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!!

This is my first post in this forum.

I'm new to server management and I think need some help to increase the difficult to 5.0.

I undestand that I may change the map from Scorched Earth to Custom, but, if I do that, the map will be wiped?

Wich files must backup before doing this and how to restore then?

Thanks in advance,

cerveser

Hi!!

This is my first post in this forum.

I'm new to server management and I think need some help to increase the difficult to 5.0.

I undestand that I may change the map from Scorched Earth to Custom, but, if I do that, the map will be wiped?

Wich files must backup before doing this and how to restore then?

Thanks in advance,

cerveser

*edit* - mod suggested earlier was removed. Look for replacement, will report back if one is found

I was using a mod to add 5 difficulty on my clustered servers but it has been removed from the Workshop.  I'm having trouble finding a new one.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm looking for something simple and straightforward that just changes the difficulty to 5

• 2 weeks later...