Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Sever not updating mod content on restart or forced update.

Not sure what is going on, but my server (

#16510)

is not updating mod content upon restart or attempted forced steam update. I have checked and our personal content is up to date. Could you look into this? I attempted to file a ticket, but the page timed out.

Did you get this resolved? I've been trying to update 1 single mod and it just wont work. I have tried deleting the mod from the server and my local game folder, then unsubscribing and then resubscribing, then restarting my server. it just wont download the mod. Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but anyone that could offer some enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

I sort of did. The autoupdate feature is not updating them. SO basically in order for me to get the server working each time there is a mod update I have to:

- Check which mods need updating

- Delete EITHER all the mods or the specific out of date mod(s) folders and NFO files via FTP

- Restart the server and hope it DLs them anew OR manually update mod files from my machine via FTP and restart

This is a weird frustrating bug...

If you are having issues with autoupdate, please create a support ticket.

There are currently zero issues with the mod auto updater (at least reported) and we've not ever had that problem.

It's probable that something else is misconfigured on your server.

The configuration was unchanged by me and WERE working and then stopped. I didnt change anything in my configurations and it stopped working. I just restarted the server a few times trying to trigger updating of mods that were previously updated automatically and it didnt. Then I deleted all the mods and let it autoupdate. That seems to work. It seems to have worked .

Got home today and am still having the same problem. I went so far as to check every single mod number digit by digit, checking and double checking that my config file was correct. I have now narrowed it down to the exact mod, #668239751. It updated in my local folder but not on the server. I am now currently painfully uploading that mod via ftp to the server. it is about 540 megs and my up speed is a only a miserable 500k/s.

After reading the post just before mine, I realized it would probably be faster to do the procedure he described and just delete all the contents of the mod folder on the server and let it re-download them. I do agree with him though, something isnt working right on my server as well.

Edit: I also filed a ticket on the issue just now.

That didnt work either. I deleted all the mods on the server, double checked my ini file, and restarted the server. It downloaded the mods but when I try to join, it still tells me that the mods on my server arent current.

I was having the mod mismatch issue as well.  It wasn't the server's fault as my friend was able to get in.  For some reason steam would not download one of the mods I assigned on the server even though steam was in fact subscribe to said mod from steam workshop on my account.  Verify you have all the same folder numbers in your steam client mod folder as your server.  My server had 10 mods, while I only had 9 in my folder.  I just copied the folder through FTP from the server to my steam folder and had no problems logging in.

Hopes this helps.  

Having the same issue today. Deleting the mod folder (this time I know which mod it is, 682394267 Indominus Rex) and restarting to trigger an update did the trick. Im wondering of some mods just dont update properly from time-to-time. Not sure what the heck that is about.