Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Fatal Error on mods

Hey there. I have been using survival servers for a couple of months now and it has been fantastic! However I tried to install a few mods and im hitting a wall. Regardless of which mode I install I get a Fatal Error on the client side. At first it was just me and the 6 other people on my server were able to connect just fine. After trying various ways of launching the game, I was able to get it to connect to the server, I had to add the server to my favorites then launch ark from steam. Join Ark > Favorites > Join. and it launches fine. Any other way, Command line, Recent servers from steam etc causes the fatal error. Seeing as i had found a work around I was content with the resolution, especially where I was the only one have the issue. Well, Until last night when all but one of the people connecting to the server started getting the fatal error. When I removed the mod on the server side, everything began to work perfectly again regardless of how the game was launched. I tried various mods to rule out if it was the particular mod. All threw a fatal error. 

So im not sure, is this a server side issue? some weird client issue? Steam perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Game Server ID # 15168

The mods are likely updating on your client side. Everything is perfectly set up on the server side.

Run the game without clicking launch, let all of the mods install and then try it again.

If that doesn't work, then you can do a full clear of all of your client side mods and then click the Launch button.

To clear your client side mods:

1. Navigate to your Steam apps folder. Guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-mK-wCXxk
  2. Navigate to ARK/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/
  3. Delete all of the folders and files in this folder
  4. Restart Steam
  5. Launch ARK once
  6. Click the "Launch" button on our control panel. Wait for all of the mods to install (in the bottom right corner, could take up to 30-60 min depending on internet speed) and then exit the ARK window after it is finished downloading/installing.
  7. Click the "Launch" button one more time. This time no mods should be installed (if there are then repeat this step again until all mods are installed) - it should work.

The mods are likely updating on your client side. Everything is perfectly set up on the server side.

Run the game without clicking launch, let all of the mods install and then try it again.

If that doesn't work, then you can do a full clear of all of your client side mods and then click the Launch button.

To clear your client side mods:

1. Navigate to your Steam apps folder. Guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-mK-wCXxk
  2. Navigate to ARK/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/
  3. Delete all of the folders and files in this folder
  4. Restart Steam
  5. Launch ARK once
  6. Click the "Launch" button on our control panel. Wait for all of the mods to install (in the bottom right corner, could take up to 30-60 min depending on internet speed) and then exit the ARK window after it is finished downloading/installing.
  7. Click the "Launch" button one more time. This time no mods should be installed (if there are then repeat this step again until all mods are installed) - it should work.

I tried the above recommendations, still no luck. All users still get the fatal error. I will keep trying various things to see if i can remedy this. I just find it strange that its not just me. It seems to even vary always 1 person is able to connect with no problems, while the others are hit with the fatal error. Wipe out the mods, try something new and it will be a different person while the others connect with no problem :/

Ryan, as I said, I did this already, the full clear, and it changed absolutely nothing. Right now, I could enter in the game. But it's like yesterday? I can enter and then I logoff and when I try to re login in.. ooppsss fatal error and this when I change nothing to the server.

So it's like a random thingh, you try to enter in the game 10 times, not working, you try again, 11th time, and oh, it's working. But, you're just "scared" to logoff because, it will crash back when you want to login back?

For now I'am the only one user, I can't really invite people in my server as thinghs are working as it.

I know this should be writen in the support but there I get the laconic answer "all is fine" and oh well, I would like, as a customer, to receive a little more than this, like not getting theses random fatal errors. Seriousely, this for only 2 mods? Well, now I've only 1.... I'am ingame for now and "afraid" to logoff and getting back the fatal error when i'll come back :)

Regards

Since the v240 update there have been a good amount of these issues.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do but wait for the mod developers to fix the issues. The issue is not on our end, it's on theirs. We're happy to help to the fullest extend we can but there are limitations with the game and the mods that is really outside of our control.