Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Downloading "The Center" map but switching later

mndfreeze

Hi, 

My friends and I are discussing a possible full wipe and switch to the center map.  I'm pretty sure I have a handle on how to go about installing it and running it here, but I haven't been able to find info on if I can just download the map to my server so its ready to go, then do the necessary custom launch parameters later when we are ready to do the actual switch.

Is there a way I can pop in the steam ID for thecenter map to have it download to be waiting and ready to go, or do I have to do the entire setup and switch over to it all in one swoop.

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing anyway.  

I did have some issue with finding instructions on it here that were not confusing.  On the developers steam discussion group however someone made a post that had detailed setup instructions specifically for your service here and they were great!  I'd highly suggest maybe making a sticky post with a link to them or something so if other customers here have questions or issues like I did they can easily find a walkthrough on installing The center.

Here is the link to the installation sticky post:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/614734500/405694115207028783/