Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not updating or Launching

keith8332

Server fail to start - crash dumps now wont even attempt to start as web page just auto refreshes and reverts back to "stopped" status - NO its not mods as i removed them all to test and ive been running the same mods flawlessly anyway for 4 months now 

Ticket #847878 

Unfortunately it looks like all the backups were corrupted and the server needed to be wiped. I wiped the server and booted up right away. As i said earlier, updates can break save data and a roll back is required to preserve even a little bit of your data. In extreme scenarios, a complete wipe is required.

This is BS - do an ark update with their control panel and now they say all my saved data on the server is bad and have to do a wipe >?

Never have i had such issues with any other hosting provider as here.

02/05/2016 1:39 pm    Peter Quadro

Unfortunately, there's little we can do to assist in this case. If the provided database backups are not restoring accurately, the data corruption might have stemmed prior to the date that we offer roll backs (up to 30 days prior) which we do not have archived backups for. I do apologize and I know how frustrating it is. There are several mods that apparently corrupt world data, certain in-game random occurrences, and other yet-to-be known reasons. I surely hope that the ARK developers bring this to attention and provide, at the very least, a detailed log file for data corruption occurrences.
02/05/2016 2:41 pm    sparrow fitzy
But you say this yet if thats the case the server WOULD NOT have loaded on the last restart nor the restart before that and before that. Why would the game load a file ok then after i use your webtool to update ark it then fails on them all ?? that to me says YOUR tool or a corrupt update caused an issue and you have just deleted all my saved data as a quick fix!!!!

On 5 February 2016 at 21:36, Support <[email protected]> wrote:

02/05/2016 2:48 pm    keith fitzgerald
it crashes onloading - Theisland_seasonal  - nothing to do with ALL saved data being corrupted. I would like this to be looked into by your senior staff member - IM NOT HAPPY with how this has been handled and fobbed off with a quick fix instead off sorting the issue.  

Have had zero issues with ARK Advance on my server. Awesome Mod. Hope yall get this sorted. So far I have zero complaints with the company. Few minor issues when I first started with how the process works for their specific control panel, but once that got ironed out, been solid experience since. Good Luck man.