Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mod & Plugins don't work after every single patch

micc

Hi Team,

After every single Patch - this means once a week for Rust - it take hours or even a day until it is possible to run the Server with Oxide Mod. Please fix this issue!

It does not matter how often I restart or switch from "no mod" to "Oxide", either the Server runs without Mod at all or it simply does not start properly.  Well your Control Panel and the logfiles say it's running but no client or even RCON is able to connect.

Re-trying the day after works, but even there you have to switch between "no mod" and "Oxide" with and without update like hundrets of times and if you're lucky, suddently it works.

This sucks, it is absolutely unacceptable to have 24 hour downtime after every patch. It is further more unacceptable for me to spent hours just restarting the server like stupid until it runs. Please fix this immediately.

Other Users have the same issue (see the earlier thread from another user).

Thanks!

Micc

Log.Log.txt

Yeah Oxide seems to not be updating properly for me as well. I put in a ticket but no response yet. It looks like there was another update again around 3am for Oxide. I tried doing the same thing you're doing and no luck. It does show up without the mod, so it looks like the way their cpanel implements it; it's using the version from a few weeks ago. It is a bit refreshing though to see other people are having the same problem, as last night I seemed like I was the only going crazy because a lot of modded servers were up yesterday. It is a bummer because wipe night brings in a huge wave of users, as it is the dev wipe; mostly everyone is on to get ready to start over. Not being able to participate in that and bring in new users kinda defeats the purpose of owning a server imo. Seeing that other people are having problems though; i'm assuming the no response is the "crap multiple users having problems, x/y is currently working on it". They are great server providers though, which is why I'm staying with them for the time being. I just wish we would be able to have permissions to manually update it by ftp if needed if their cpanel wasn't implementing it properly. 

I don't think you are aware that we manually have to update Oxide each time a patch comes out. Same with the Oxide developers, they have to manually update Oxide after a Rust patch comes out. Come on, throw us a little slack here.. you are expecting a level of service that simply just does not exist. There's no way around this situation. We have to wait for Oxide to update and then we have to place the update on our backend. There's literally no way around this.

If you want to patch yourself, follow the Github repo and you can do it yourself via FTP if you can't wait the extra couple hours it takes for us to update Oxide after the Oxide devs release the update.

https://github.com/OxideMod/Snapshots