Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Missing mod contetnt, missing backups...whats going on! :(

dzapata

We just logged in to find a months worth of work gone. What the **** happened THIS time. Even all our backups are gone. Where the **** are they!!! This is the reason we left our previous server company...missing backups. Please explain. Thanks. :(

And please do not suggest submitting a Support Ticket....I have tried, but the link on the page is broken and will do nothing.

I am guessing one of their servers/DC went down and they are migrating since I can see that my server is being rolled to a new IP and Port.  Most likely when they pull the server back up after migrating your backups will show back up.... just a guess.  Mine has been down for about 9 hours now and I still don't have any access to the server.

Greetings,

I am sorry for the issue you are having. We had Hard drive failures on one of the machines. There will be no data loss as the save data server is back online and functioning. You may be one of those customers that were on the failed server. After we migrate the server to a new location we will run the backup to get your data back online. Can you provide me with the IP of your server? This way I can check and see if it is the failed server ip.

Here is a link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/688506399383392256

Greetings,

I am sorry for the issue you are having. We had Hard drive failures on one of the machines. There will be no data loss as the save data server is back online and functioning. You may be one of those customers that were on the failed server. After we migrate the server to a new location we will run the backup to get your data back online. Can you provide me with the IP of your server? This way I can check and see if it is the failed server ip.

Here is a link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/688506399383392256

All of my back ups bring back to the same point.  So it would seem I do have data loss.  I pop up in the world with the same level but things we built are missing, dinos we tamed aren't there, and everyone had to respawn.

All of my back ups bring back to the same point.  So it would seem I do have data loss.  I pop up in the world with the same level but things we built are missing, dinos we tamed aren't there, and everyone had to respawn.

I know you didn't want me to state this but please submit a ticket. this way we can get a 1 on 1 convo going and we can get your server information to take a peak. :)

Yeah same issue - I don't need you to one on one with me, but if you can tell me how to read the timestamps on these backups I can try to guess at what time it was when our server reset and lost everything. 

Ticket #827553

I know you didn't want me to state this but please submit a ticket. this way we can get a 1 on 1 convo going and we can get your server information to take a peak. :)

Same issue on my server, all mod builded content disappeared.

GAME SERVER ID #11135

Same issue as above none of my mods are loading on the server i have done what the guy in the support ticket suggested and deleted the mods from my servers mod folder and reloaded and that didnt help. All the mods i use on the server load up perfectly in single player with no issues. Any help with this would be appreciated thanks.

Ticket ID #699133

Server ID #11456

Yeah....I'm starting to think this is less of a server failure and more of some issue that's going on with the server itself, because there are people having the issue still and after spending GOD DAMN HOURS rebuilding what was lost between backups, it happened again an hour ago......

I am not sure what happened, but I had a 1 on 1 with one of the techs and he got things to where all our backups finally showed up. I loaded up one of the saves when all the mod content was there and THANK GOODNESS everything was there, all the dinos were there...so nothing was lost but a single days worth of game play, which I will gladly give up as not to loose weeks worth of work. 8-)

Sadly Im still unable to log in to Ark as well, I get a "Mod version mismatch: please ensure the server you are attempting to join is running the latest version of all mod content"

So I tried to update it two days ago, and still got it so then I ended up deleting all the mods we had, and did another update and I still get that error even tho I now have no mods in my server?

Ive just sent a ticket, not sure what else to do. #384272

#1 Missing mod content - new update rolled out, mod developers needed time to fix their mods, please consult with the mod devs on the Steam workshop for information in that regard.

#2 Backup issues

What basically happened (and I do apologize for not being here this weekend, I was on a much needed short vacation) was our backup server went down and the disks needed to be swapped. We are managing a TON of data for a lot of customers here. It's not short task. The data is secure (for now) but we want to move to some better form of redundant backups eventually. When there are issues, we have to bring the backup server offline for a while. This happened while we were simultaneously transfering 50-100 customers which delayed the transfer time because we didn't have the backups readily available at the same time. (talk about wrong timing for a mini vacation)

Anyways, backups as of today - 1/19/2016 - and forward should be successfully saving. As always, please save local copies of your backup for redundancy and use our backup/restore service as a primary form of restoration/data store.