Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Poor Customer Service wait times

Okay, so my Ark server has not had ANY problems with it for several weeks. All of a sudden on Dec 15th, the server goes down and won't load back up. I report it to customer service on the 16th as I have checked FAQ's, Google, and several knowledgeable friends in the gamer community that have hosted Ark servers in the past, to no avail. On the 16th, Peter sends me a reply stating I have a corrupt world save file and that the server needs to rolled back to a previous date as an update is most likely the cause of the corruption  (understandable, game is still in Alpha). So, I try to roll it back as instructed by Peter in his response to the support ticket, still not working. So, I talk to my community and convince them all to let me wipe the data and start fresh. So, Dec 18th, I received a message from Peter stating that the task was completed at 04:58PM and the server had been wiped and was currently loading. It is now 8am on Dec 19th, and I still have no working server. Why does it take several days to get a response back from a tech? Why not have a live chat or phone number for us to call for tech support. I've now lost 70% of my player base for my server. This is ridiculous, why am I paying for a service that I cannot use?

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to get this server up and working as soon as possible.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I thought I get bad customer service, but you got screwed. 

So now because you posted about bad customer service, I am compelled to post my experience here, otherwise they would automatically delete my thread.

I was getting serious rubber-banding when having more than ten players connected, so I asked for my server to be moved to a higher CPU platform, as suggested.

The rep asks for the date/time to do it, and tells me that I will lose the settings that I manually entered in game.ini and gameusersettings.ini

I told the rep to copy the ini files to the new server before starting, because if I have to do it, I would have to do an extra server restart, and lose 20 minutes of server up-time.

23 hours after the appointment time, the server shuts down out of the blue, with no warning, I was in mid flight, players were on carno island, in the forest, places they were scared to be.

The server came up after an hour, and the rep sent me a message just saying that he is done.

All seems fine, except I cannot check or update my ini settings, because I have no more ftp access.

I updated the ticket to please restore my ftp access, and after another long wait, the response is to input a new ftp password on the control panel and click on the control panel's "Save Settings and Restart" button.

The problem is that button is meant to overwrite the ini files, and I didn't know if the technician kept them or not, but I didn't have any other option, so I used his method and went to sleep.

I did get ftp access, but the server did not start. In the morning, I stopped the server, I replaced the ini files, I noticed that the RCON port setting must be updated, I did the change and started the server.

The server is starting but cannot be connected to. When I check the GUS.ini file from the link in the control panel, it shows the RCON port setting showing a number that is the correct number plus 20. No matter how many times I correct this, it shows the same thing. Using this incorrect port number I can conenct to the server with ARKCON, but I cannot connect to the game.

I updated the ticket and 3 days after I wanted to save my users from rubber-banding I am on a server that is rubber-banding worse, that is down for more than half a day, with no clear solution in sight.

On other two hosting companies that I used, the tech guy was immediately available by phone or email until the issue was resolved, usually within minutes from the time he first responded - which would be maybe 2 hours from the time I opened the ticket.

I chose SurvivalServers to host my server because they offer me the option to update the server and the mods by clicking a button on a web page, which I can access at work. However, their customer service is inadequate. The previous time I was with them, last year, I went through a similar process and I gave up in frustration and shutdown the server.

Fortunately, I hear that other host companies have implemented the one-click update process and chances are, their service is better than what I got here.

PS: I am paying a ridiculously low price to host my server here, because I signed up during their holiday sale event. I would hate to think that they cannot afford to hire technicians because of this, so I offer to pay $100 - the equivalent of hosting a server for six months - to have this issue resolved in a satisfactory way.

Sent you a private message about checking into this so we can see what is going on.

We do not do priority customer service but I'd be glad to check in on this for you to see how your ticket was handled.

I don't delete negative posts just because. If your post is off topic, factually inaccurate or account specific it would be removed.

I am locking this thread as it's several months old. Again, if anyone is reading this and has a concern just please PM me directly about it. There's really no need to bump old threads.