Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Tavi issues

Hangoutgc

Hello I'm a new server owner. I have almost no arma mod background, so go easy on me. So far loving my server with you guys. But I have noticed a few issues that I can't get rid of, I have sent in a few support tickets to fix these but no improvement has come of it. My server is running Origins Overpoch Taviana 1.7.9.5; one the biggest issues I am having is that every AI mission spawns in one of two places. I'm not even kidding when I say its within maybe 10 feet of the last mission. Another one of my issues ( also sent in a ticket) the mining areas marked on the map have nothing. No AI, or loot. I'm sure once DZAI and WAI is installed it will improve the gaming but I would like to solve these problems. Maybe the Tavi map isn't as modable as Cherno?

AI missions are a little funny. Most were built for Chernarus. Yes you can run just about any mission system but it is only going to spawn missions where ever the script was written for it to spawn. The world space and map size are different between the maps. I had a Tavi Overpoch server in the past and ran EMS, WAI, and DZAI. Worked out pretty good. I did have to change some configs around but I liked the results. Now with your mining issues. It's no longer Origins once you add in Epoch and Overwatch. The mining (Sector B ) must be created in the editor and uploaded to the server PBO. That takes time to do and not too many people have released their work for others to use so it's harder to find one. Same goes with the loot and AI. It all has to be changed and scripted into the server. You just don't simply install the scripts and it's going to just do it's thing. The Tavi map is just as modable as any other map. It's just that once you start adding Epoch and Overwatch to regular Origins is when stuff starts to not work and it takes a skilled scripter to fix that stuff.