Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

People having Logging In Issues.

Bloodeagle

Hello.

So I'm having reports from users on our server that when some people are logging in, they are dead, or they are missing dinos. It wasn't hard to just jump on and give people items of value back once so often, but it's become an issue every restart, which our server does every 12 hours.

I don't know what's going on. I'm usually using Rcon to talk with the people on the server, so I'm not physically seeing what's going on, and I'm wondering if it's just me running into this issue, or other people have. Any information would be very helpful.

I want to open a support ticket on this, but I felt posting on the forums would be better first to do to see what others say before I go and use up an admins time.

Thanks in Advanced.

When you log off, you don't just disappear, your body is still there for the taking (or eating! lol).  Is it specifically just during restarts, or is there a loose Giganotosaurus having its way with your people?

Any tests you've tried?  Like just manually restarted and seeing if there's an issue?

From what people tell me, it's right after restarts. It's not like they log off for a few hours, come back after a restart, and they are killed by a dino.

The problem with manually restarting is the server is usually packed. Right now, there are 23 people on, with close to 10 people on during nightly restarts at 11. They are usually doing something or taming something, and it's hard to get manual restarts going without someone being busy. I'll try that at some point.

I've been using auto restarts every 4 hours pretty much since I got my server and have had no unexplainable issues with stuff disappearing.

Are you using any mods? Are you PvP? Just because you log out doesn't mean the world stops.