Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Server Config Tool -Issues.

( Disclaimer - I don't rent a server, I simply run it for a friend.) Server ID - 7851

Hello, I'm having several issues with the tool.

For starters, I'm having to set certain options to double the amount i want, to get the result i want. A few examples.

XPMultiplier=20.000000   = x10 Exp

HarvestAmountMultiplier=20.000000 =x10 (i tested these by by picking up rocks, I get 10 rocks with this setting)

TamingSpeedMultiplier=20.000000 = x10 (I'm not 100% sure about this one)

Another major issue I'm having with the tool is the add levels for characters and dinos. I have spent 3 hours trying to add levels to characters and dinos(all in vain). Here is my issue with this.

First attempt:

I tried adding 300 levels to characters and 250 to dinos. After entering all the Exp/Engrams I clicked the save and restart button. After the server starts I get in and notice the harvest rate is off. I check the server config and its now the default one. I assumed I clicked default config by accident...(Or so i thought).

Second attempt:

Pretty much a repeat of the first attempt, I'm 100% sure i didn't click default this time. Same results, a default config after restart.(Another hour down the drain)

Third attempt:

After checking the forums for solutions, I found this post >> https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2116-modify-config-settings-not-saving/?hl=levels&do=findComment&comment=12234

Stating its the adding dino's level that causes this issue. So this time I added levels for characters only. Same results, a default config.(Another hour gone)

We're looking into the levels issue resetting config. Still have not been able to replicate.

As for as the XP/Taming/Gather rate multipliers, those are all game specific. There's no bug on our end there.

You have access to FTP to modify the levels manually. It would be much faster that way for advanced users. =)

You have access to FTP to modify the levels manually. It would be much faster that way for advanced users. =)

I don't know if you would label me as an advanced user but I still do all of my modifications via the ini files. If you need any assistance with this, let me know. Pardon any spelling or grammatical errors. I may or may not have been drinking at the time of this post lol.

I thought 10 XP etc might be the hard limit for the game itself, but I tested it on the host/local and it works.... 20 exp eh

LOL harvest two bushes get a level mode... to each there own...