Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mod Causing Problems

Goat34

I'm new to this, but I subscribed to a mod, downloaded it, and then placed the numbered ID into the control panel and restarted the server. Since I did that my server won't load. #8706

Unsubscribe to the mod. I was having the same issue, but for your server, you don't need to sub to it. As a redundancy, make sure you load the game manually first, to make sure it uninstalls the mod from your PC. Then update/restart server, and you should be good.

Some mods are crashing ARK on load because they are outdated.

Read the comments, forums section, and compatibility of the mod before installing it to verify it will not crash the game.

If your server is stuck on Loading after 20+ minutse, it's definitely crashing for this reason.

It's the No Collision 1.2 mod, which according to the comments is up to date and works like a charm. It's also the only mod I'm attempting to use. It shouldn't be giving me an issue, should it?

I went ahead and unsubscribed from it though. Didn't see anything about it uninstalling when I launched the game.

Okay, so apparently this mod business is over my head since I've never done anything like this. But I tried to follow the instructions outlined here: https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1853-no-mods-showing-just-base-game-again/?p=10998

I didn't realize I had to check what files are in the FTP so on and so forth or set custom launch parameters. But I've done both of these things now and am still having an issue with it.

Okay, so apparently this mod business is over my head since I've never done anything like this. But I tried to follow the instructions outlined here: https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1853-no-mods-showing-just-base-game-again/?p=10998

I didn't realize I had to check what files are in the FTP so on and so forth or set custom launch parameters. But I've done both of these things now and am still having an issue with it.

Those directions are outdated. The way to install a mod is just entering the mod ID there. If it doesn't work then the mod is not updated as I explained in my last post.

If you get a mod outdated error when loading into the game, submit a support ticket and we'll clear your Steamcmd folder.