Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not backing up properly

Lyrric

Wanted to know if anyone has any ideas. Our server is only backing up every 2-3 hours. I checked for a temp file which was a fix in another thread and we do not have one. I have also tried the following

enablecheats with my admin password

setcheatplayer true

admincheat saveworld and cheat saveworld

This is not working either. so any time we need to make any changes i have to monitor the server in WINSCP, wait to see a new save (2-3 hours) then tell everyone that the last few minutes will be rolled back.

Any ideas on this from anyone??

The server is actually saving and backups are happening, just within the game itself (around 36 hours of backups). Running the saveworld command IS working.

We've disabled our internal backup/restore system to investigate a roll back issue.

Thank you for the response. I just had to put a new ticket in. We have had many severs through Survival Servers and have always had awesome service. This time we are having a few glitches. Server as you say is saving now it seems, server is not backing up (you mentioned disabling that for a bit) and now new people coming to our server can not find our server in the list and when going to View-Servers-Add server to favorites-adding IP and Port, it says server is not responding and new people can not get on. Is this something I can fix?  

Thanks for the responses and love your services, just having a few minor glitches this time. Probably user error.... :P