Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Back up process

manikaii

Sorry, new to steam and this host. How do I get to the backups? Are they accessible on this hosts site? Are they accessed through steam? I can't find a palworld file on my computer... i noticed my admin panel says it hasnt made a back up in 30 hours and I'm worried about a wipe that's happened a few time already... im just trying to force a backup or copy the current save.

I'm also interested in where my backup files are being stored, and I'll admit I'm borderline outside my skill level with tech process.

1 hour ago, manikaii said:

Sorry, new to steam and this host. How do I get to the backups? Are they accessible on this hosts site? Are they accessed through steam? I can't find a palworld file on my computer... i noticed my admin panel says it hasnt made a back up in 30 hours and I'm worried about a wipe that's happened a few time already... im just trying to force a backup or copy the current save.

Hi manikaii, you need to use FTP to log on to the server since it's hosted at their server farm. Filezilla is free and tends to be pretty straight forward to use. You can browse all the files on the server from this client and also copy things directly to your pc or upload files to the server.

4 minutes ago, Nicky Guldbæk said:

Hi manikaii, you need to use FTP to log on to the server since it's hosted at their server farm. Filezilla is free and tends to be pretty straight forward to use. You can browse all the files on the server from this client and also copy things directly to your pc or upload files to the server.

So it has be done through a different third party? Once I get Filezilla, how do I access the game files from palworld? Or is it self explanatory once I get it? 😅

Thanks for the help too!

34 minutes ago, manikaii said:

So it has be done through a different third party? Once I get Filezilla, how do I access the game files from palworld? Or is it self explanatory once I get it? 😅

Thanks for the help too!

Yeah third party program can be used, I don't think they have anything internal to manage this. :D 

On your control panel where you start and stop your server, you should see something like this :)

It's just copy the info you have on your side here into the filezilla :)

image.png.abe5e64e09f805ab8befb5b641658373.png

1 hour ago, Nicky Guldbæk said:

Yeah third party program can be used, I don't think they have anything internal to manage this. :D 

On your control panel where you start and stop your server, you should see something like this :)

It's just copy the info you have on your side here into the filezilla :)

image.png.abe5e64e09f805ab8befb5b641658373.png

Amazing! I'll work on this tonight. Thanks for the help man!