Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

"Outdated Version"

HoverHorse

One of the headers on my server page constantly displays "Outdated Version - Your server version may be outdated." no matter how many times I update. I've also tried clearing the steamCMD files as per the checkbox on that main page for the server. Curious if my server is actually not updating, or if the alert is a false flag.

Thank you for your time.

yea im having this issue as well, no matter how many times i set it to update or do update/validate, it never goes away. it just stays at outdated version... im starting to wonder if its causing the server to crash too, I constantly have it just "stopped" out of the blue, the timer restart doesn't work or anything

yeah Im having the same issue, where the server keeps having that outdated label, and not only that but the server for me keep crashing everytime there is only 4 people online.

What I noticed on my server and realized about this "outdated" error, is it actually may be a bit of a red herring.

When a server starts up/restarts, it will initially not know the version the servers running. On the Control Panel you will see it say something like "Default v" with v being a link that is a grey box with a white outline. This is displayed  under Server Details towards the top left of the control panel.

Server Details

Started (0/8 players) Ready!
Last Start: 01/22/2024 19:28:47
Default v

if it just says v, it will say the server is outdated. This means it just hasnt realized what version the server is running yet.

Once the servers run for a few minutes, if you refresh the page, this version # should update to the version of the server.

it will start looking like this

Server Details

Started (0/8 players) Ready!
Last Start: 01/22/2024 19:28:47
Default v0.1.2.0

Currently v0.1.2.0 is the current version. if its displaying this the "outdated version" message should end up going away.