Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Changing settings not updating

ExiaTheAngel

I updated and changed the world settings such as incubation and not dropping things when you die and updated and restarted server, but it didnt update. Any clue or is this still bugged? I read updates and it says it should be working

Hello, you need to modify the palworldsetting.ini manually (/pal/saved/Config/) through a FTP connection when the server is offline.

Then locate the "DeathPenalty" line and write "DeathPenalty=1"

the ini file needs to look like this. notepad++ likes to make all the statements on their own line. mine did it, when i reverted it, and changed the deathpenalty it worked.

image.thumb.png.712d4e23391d52ba6f6d92784d6936c0.png

You need to go Filezilla or some other FTP software and edit the configuration file manually until they fix the control panel.

Also having settings issues.

Some - but not all - of the settings are being saved in the form, but not are taking effect on the server.

FTP is not work for me either, so I can't update the way recommended in the launch thread; it keeps telling me access denied. I've tried changing password a few times.