Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

What is the Best way to Backup Ark saved Folder

Keiffy101

Hi,

I'm just backing up my servers Saved Files now using an FTP client as I use a Third party to host the server, Basically I've taken the whole shootergame\saved folder and copied it to my Local Disk I'm now uploading it back onto the server as another name so I can test to see if it has worked (one has a base torn down so i can notice the difference). 

I was wondering if this could be made a little less complicated as currently the saved folder is 3GB, so that's 3GB per day i don't really have on my internet usage just to back up the world, then another 3GB to upload it back if there's an issue, so i have a few questions.

1. Is it true I can't duplicate folders on a server using FTP?, this would save any downloading and uploading to the server keeping a backup folder.

2. In the Saved Arks Folder the .profile and .arktribe are relatively small files and I assume they are for players and Tribes, I also assume they are only changed if a tribe member logs in and changes something in the tribe or something or a player logs in ad moves or changes something, TheIsland.ark files though I assume are the island and structures etc. Does anyone know exactly what these files are, I hate assumptions.

3. I see Multiple Theisland.Ark files and again assume these are multiple backups that unlike the player profile and arktribe files are not changed each time a player logs in and therefore only need one for it to work and maybe a few backups.

4. I just finished testing to see if backing up the whole saved folder would create a backup of the game, server permissions don't allow me to rename some folders and wouldn't allow me to change the Logs folder that has the log files for backups - basically the backup didn't work, I still have half a base destroyed. I can only think this would have been due to the Log files in shooter\saved\config\ as every other file was switched over.

5. Any help would be great.

Thanks for any help given

regards,

Keiffy101

Yeti

Keiffy101#gmail.com