Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Feedback on new control panel features

samsso

Hey Ryan,

Let me start off by saying thank you for the newly implemented control panel features. Really appreciate the effort. There are some really nice additions in there.

After playing around with the features, there are a couple of things I would like to give feedback on:

1. When using the "modify server config" to "add levels", I noticed that the levels end at 78 but when I "add levels" the levels then show as 76, 77, 78, 0, 1, 2   etc etc (instead of showing 77, 78, 79, 80 etc etc). Not sure if that is intended or if it's a bug.

2. In the "modify server config", is it possible to uncheck the levels, dino levels, exp, engrams sections at the bottom so that they are not included? I would like to use the new "modify server config" function but my levels etc are all set in my Game.ini and it is working fine. If I were to use the new feature, it would require me to essentially use all of the "modify server config" section which I don't really want to do. Is it possible to make it so that people can uncheck sections to have the server ignore them?

3. I really love the Mod (IDs) section. I tried and tried to install the eradicator admin tool to my server the old way with launch parameters and could never get it to work for some reason. Now, with the Mod IDs section, it works perfectly.

I agree with samsso as well.. I like the character level editing but we really don't need dinos ones.  I could never a an increase level mod to work so the character level is awesome.

I just thought of something else.  How about how strong the dinos are?  Like the Alpha ones.  I would love to turn them down through the new tool instead of the game.ini which doesnt show all the dinos.  

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=0.25)
DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=0.25)
DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=0.25)

Yeah, all the character level editing is doing is messing things up.  I didn't edit any of it, so I didn't realize it has it's own set of default values and that it would change the dynamics of my entire server.  Having settings applied that I never applied or having settings disabled that I didn't set is kind of annoying.

I have a level 69 player who is not gaining xp.

Okay, so I have figured out a few things about the web settings.  FIrst, the web settings does not pull their values from the individual servers files.  So changes that are NOT made in the server settings (manually editing the ini) do not stay when you use the server settings interface.  What *should* happen, is the server settings should populate from the individual .ini.  That way your different settings don't get set on peoples servers.  I have so much that I have to go back and change and hardly know where to start.  I have deleted the custom level loadout, but I am sure that is not going to fix my problem.  I have deleted the override user XP settings that shouldnt have been there in the first place, but my high level still can't gain XP.  

If you are comfortable editing the ini, you should probably keep doing it that way unless you want it to totally change the dynamic of your server.  This also changed the dinosaurs levels on my server, which had been no more than 30 prior to using the web tool.  Basically, the web tool is a great idea, but until it pulls it's information from the individual server, this is not a tool that will do me any good.

I have a level 69 player who is not gaining xp.

Thats what i had and you can either delete these two lines from game.ini

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=28027

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=28027

or set them to the max level defined by the ones in the game.ini

it was just easier to delete em for me I can add em back later when we have the correct xp numbers our level 80 team mate is not gaining xp so it is probably hard set elsewhere