Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Not Showing

Bonehead

Has anyone else had a problem where there server will not appear in the server list on ARK? I've been the only one able to connect, and only because I launched the server from the SurvivalServers control panel. No one else is able to launch from there or even see the server, it tells them that they've timed out if they attempt to connect from the Control Panel.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Yep this is a known issue. Time usually fixes it, but it's just a buggy server browser.

Is it really? We have the same issue since some 6-7 hours back. Tried updating the server, restarted etc but still not showing any sessions. FTP isn't working and RCON isn't working to the server alltho i can play if launched from the SS Control Panel. I can ping just fine just seems some things isn't working. I get a password issue whilst trying to FTP so the service is running but it does not recognize the PW (triple checked).

Also some tracking services using the game port/ip cannot pull the correct data. This may be a dodgy browser issue if it gets the server name from somewhere else, allthough the status etc i guess i would poll from the ip/port?

banner.png

So if this was a buggy server browser issue, why would RCON and FTP not function?

SERVER ID: 8023

TICKET ID: 243841

EDIT: Oh, server has been moved and IP/PORTS changed without us getting informed. Hence the above issues..

Yes, the server browser in game is indeed buggy. It's because they use Steam API to pull servers which is notorious for issues like this. No way around it. Straight up querying Steam MSLP (Master Server List Protocol) like ARKServers.net, Survival Launcher, toparkservers.com etc do works much better and actually polls reliably.

The FTP issue for your server - just change your FTP password from the control panel and that should be fixed.