Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ark Server FTP does not save (Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini)

razgriz

Whenever i open my File Transfer Protocol via FileZilla, and edit the contents of Game.ini and GameUserData.ini to my liking. I overwrite it and save. Whenever i launch my server it deletes my files and resets to defaults and all my coding that i wrote and saved are gone. I requested tickets and they are very busy right now and im growing impatient and frustrated. So i want to reach out to you guys and see if anyone solved the problem. Note i will not be using the launch parameters as my codes are strictly for the INI files.... 

I haven't messed with the Launch Params at the moment? The only thing i've been doing for about 17 hours is try to get these files to save. Is there a way to check the launch params to what they are set for? For me its just blank.

Okay so i have my launch parameters and i can only put a few options because it can only go up to 1000 something characters. But i still need to edit these INI files for manual leveling and engrams. However im still having the same problem... 

Please attach your ideal configuration to the support ticket and let me know the ticket # and I will try it.

ARK has bene having an issue with saving the .ini changes while a server is stopped. The workaround is to use the custom launch params, as you know, but it has the limitation of 1000 characters, yes.

I've been having a similar issue, though I haven't submitted a ticket for it, yet. I wasn't sure if it was the game, the server, or the ini file itself. I haven't had issues with the GameUserData.ini file but I am having problems with the Game.ini file. If I make the changes, stop the server, then start the server again (not the restart button), my changes stay (most of them, anyway; still trying to figure out why some parts work and others don't). However, if I make the changes then click the "Update Settings and Restart Game Server" button, my Game.ini file goes blank again.

I've been having a similar issue, though I haven't submitted a ticket for it, yet. I wasn't sure if it was the game, the server, or the ini file itself. I haven't had issues with the GameUserData.ini file but I am having problems with the Game.ini file. If I make the changes, stop the server, then start the server again (not the restart button), my changes stay (most of them, anyway; still trying to figure out why some parts work and others don't). However, if I make the changes then click the "Update Settings and Restart Game Server" button, my Game.ini file goes blank again.

This should not have anything to do with the issue, the Update & Restart button (if no toggles are selected in the panel) doesn't touch any of the config files, it would simply restart the server in the same manner as the "Restart" button.

There's currently nothing on our end that is causing the overwriting of Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini - this is something that the ARK server does. The current workaround is to utilize the custom launch parameters until a fix is in place by the game devs.