Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How can i give another Admin control over restarting or updating server without giving out main username and password

It says it all. As there are other sites where through the control panel you're allowed to give access to certain features on the server this hosting company has none that i can see.

I would LOVE to be able to give my admins access to restarting or updating the server when i am gone WITHOUT giving out my main username and password to the control panel.

Is this going to be something that you will be coming out with or is it already a feature that i have no idea about?

Yeah basically this is a game changer for me. If they cannot come up with a solution I will be going to another company that already has this in place as I have a few admins that need to be able to control the server without having my master username and password. 

I mean come on guys common sense tells you to do this.

I definitely agree here - with the frequency of updates, it would be great to have some help without giving total control to someone. As an example, I'm going camping this weekend and will end up checking frequently via mobile for updates. A tiered access structure on accounts would be the simplest solution.