Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Files keep getting reset

somebody

Yo, i just got an unturned server, everytime i restart the server using the green button on the control panel, it resets all my files to default, and i put in a support ticket but it didnt give me a number to track it.

I have this problem too. I opened a support ticket and they said its an issue with Unturned and that there's no fix :(

I tried on your server and did a number of things including Steam update, start/stop/restart manually, Rocket update, etc and was not able to replicate the issue. I still was standing in the sample place as before doing any of these things.

If you can replicate the issue or find any additional technical issue / details so that I can replicate it myself, that would be very helpful. :)

I do apologize for having this issue, I am sure it's some small tweak, which makes it even more annoying :S

I found that it wipes the vehicles and buildings on my server and not player locations and inventories for some reason. So a good test would perhaps be finding a vehicle, parking it near you and then restarting the server and seeing if it's still there when you log back in. Or placing a wood foundation or something down and seeing if it is still there after restart.

For my server it is only resetting certain config files,

The Command.dat

all the bundle files

and the rocket.config file

ill post more if i notice more files.

Does it happen on automated restarts?

Does it happen on manual restarts?

Does it happen on Steam update?

Do you have Rocked installed? If so, which scripts are you running?

This information will be very helpful figuring out what is causing this issue.

as i said on the post it happens when i manually restart the server using the big green button, and i use the big green button to update the server, and change the server name as i know no other way to change the name, it does not happen on automated restarts (also the auto restart does not give warnings) i do have rocket installed along with the following plugins:

AFKPlugin

DeathMessages

JailTime

Kits

MessageAnnouncer

ZaupFeast

ZaupHomeCommand

I have the AutoSave Rocket script running, and the server does not seem to wipe on auto-restart. It does however wipe on manual restarts and steam updates.

Can you please submit this as a support ticket? Or let me know your support ticket # so I can check for you guys.

I got rid of Rocket plugins today because they need to be manually installed. Too many of them are really outdated or buggy. Not sure if this is related, but just letting you guys know.

my ticket number is #482047 i was supposed to be getting a refund about 2 and 1/2 days ago, Am i still getting that? i replied saying i would like to take it, but never got a response.

The AutoSave plugin is completely broken for Rocket.

I have substantially fixed a lot of things for Unturned. I would recommend a complete server wipe, please contact our support team to have this performed.