Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How do I get a MOD to work on my Server?

I ve thought of these two way not sure which on or if im going in the right directrion:

/Game/Mods/479387735/GenericMod?listen?ModId=479387735?/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=192.198.95.46?Port=17215?QueryPort=17216?SessionName=TaggLess Island PvPvE?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerAdminPassword

Or

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?/Game/Mods/479387735/GenericMod?listen?ModId=479387735?Multihome=192.198.95.46?Port=17215?QueryPort=17216?SessionName=TaggLess Island PvPvE?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerAdminPassword

Or should it be different than these?

Under the Unreal Dev Forum I check this, maybe that help :  (Mod CanaARK) 

-------------------------------------------------------------

To use this mod with a dedicated server NOT RECOMMENDED CURRENTLY AS SOME FEATURES DO NOT WORK ONLINE!!!!

After installing the mod locally, you should copy this directory to the same place on your dedicated server: 
\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\481755557

Then run with this commandline: 
"ShooterGameServer.exe" /Game/Mods/481755557/GenericMod_Canna?listen?ModId=481755557

(Note that to run other Mods on your server, just replace the ModID and map name in that commandline!) 

Clients that connect to your Server will then dynamically download the Mod from Steam Workshop before connecting, if they don't already have it installed!

-----------------------------------------------

Mod CanaARK

The mod you linked does not currently work in the latest version of ARK.

When a (stable) mod comes around I will work on a mod install guide. There's currently nothing in that department quite yet.

Hey I just saw you need the parameter I use for launching a mod. Here it is. I am missing the Alt Save Directory and Need that Added!!!! Please Let me know what to add a the end so I can update my server.

My Commandline is :/Game/Mods/482406692/GenericMod?ModId=482406692?Multihome=192.198.95.46?Port=17215?QueryPort=17216?SessionName=TaggLess Island PvPvE?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerAdminPassword=XXX?AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=true?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true?ServerCrosshair=false?NoTributeDownloads=true?MapPlayerLocation??RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32330?

I need the alt save directory parameter added to the end of this.

Please Tell me what it is.

Server Number 6792

Also Mod Link that works on my server right now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=482406692

Most mods automatically load the default map (TheIsland) so you don't need the parameters that reference the default map in the cmd line, this is where I was getting confused. Chubs has it correct, I'll try to simplify & clarify it a bit.

Replace this part of your launch parameters:

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome

with this:

/Game/Mods/YOUR-MODS-ID/GenericMod?ModId=YOUR-MODS-ID?Multihome 

Example:

/Game/Mods/478736056/GenericMod_TorchBoost?ModId=478736056?Multihome

NOTE: The "/GenericMod?" portion may differ depending on your mod. For example the parameter for torchboost mod is: "/GenericMod_TorchBoost?" where Chubs mod is just "/GenericMod?"

Check your mods description in the Steam workshop or in your mods readme (if it has one) for it's required launch parameters.

I would imagine you could probably also rename your mods folder from the id number to the name of the mod to make it little more organized like the SS crew shows in the add a map tutorial as long as you changed the launch parameters to reflect the change like so:

/Game/Mods/Torchmod/GenericMod_TorchBoost?ModId=478736056?Multihome

I have not tested the folder renaming yet but adding the mod does work as described above with a couple of the mods I have tested.