Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Settings need to be laid out.

FTP is pretty much the only way to edit server settings outside of Server password, Title and Admin password. There is really nothing at all on the control panel.

In the FTP there seems to be two very similar areas to edit

/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/CleanSourceConfigs

/Shootergame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer

Both have the same file names, yet on my FTP GameUserSettings.ini have unique settings in each one.

Somewhere on the Steam community forums I see the Devs saying that some settings are outdated and need to be updated... they are adding new lines to be implemented.. This does that that does this...

All in all this is not an easy thing to figure out.

What should my GameUserSettings.ini Look like?

What file should I edit? [CleanSourceConfigs or WindowsServer]

How do I add Whitelisted Admins and or players

How do I simply turn gamma back on?

These things have not been easy to find.

Can someone from Survival Servers or some Savi user spend some time and get together some information that will correspond with your exact FTP that I am using with what each setting means?

I have played and purchased many other game servers from other companies. 99% of the settings that can be edited are on a Config edit that can be edited from the CP with info on each setting, then the CP checks it to verify its properly set up before saving. 

I feel like I am just running around in the FTP trying to save random lines that I found from google next to anything that looks like it may be right and hoping it worked...

EnablePvPGamma

bEnablePvPGamma

?bEnablePvPGamma

I feel like I have shoved these anywhere I can and still nothing on the server.

I would love to suggest Survival Servers to my stream as a game servers hosting company.

Honestly, this probably isn't really survival servers job, as they are more hardware and troubleshooting.  Modifying your server for game preferences is more for steam and the Ark developers.

I would recommend starting here.  http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594821545178117961/   It's a long post to read everything, but the first 20 pages has most of the good info.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Like I have said, I have purchased many game servers in the past. Been a gamer / guild leader for 15 years and a streamer for near 2 now.

Near every single host I have had has detailed how to's at the very least, while most have Control Panels with build in settings that go over 80% of the custom options a server will have explaining them and verifying them once edited.

The CP here at SurvivalServers has been updated to include "Server Password" "Admin Password" it could just as easier be continued to be updated to include more and more options.

And if that is too hard someone who understands the Root FTP access could go over where and what to edit things.

The CleanSourceConfigs is in case you want to revert to clean configuration files, in the event that you mess something up.

WindowsServer is the correct directory for all settings.

I think it might be a good feature request to have a little notepad file popup with a configuration icon, to make things easier. What do you think? I do agree that we should have all of the available settings and configuration easily available to navigate and modify. I will work on that.