Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Changes to FTP not saving

Hoping someone can shed some light for me here , i followed the pinned guide and applied the changes with no problems.

i saved and confirmed everything had been sent to the ftp by using the survival servers control screen and entering the ftp from there.

It shows all the change's i had created are there and uploaded correctly, but i choose the update and restart button from the bottom of the screen then the default gameuser settings are applied. The same thing also happens if i just click the restart button next to the stop.

After all night with no reply i tried just stopping and starting the server , yet again all the changes i had made were removed and the gameuser.ini has been set back to the default version.

in the gameuser.ini like i mentioned, it was the server password and then these extra commands.

AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft
GlobalVoiceChat: Voice
MapPlayerLocation
ServerCrosshair
ServerPVE

As mentioned each time the server is restarted all these changes are removed and replaced with the default gameuser.ini.

You can try to add this option on the Custom Launch Parameters under your control panel.

For exemple, my custom line launch is : 

/Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?Multihome=YOURIPSERVER?Port=YOURPORT?QueryPort=17416?SessionName=NAMEOFYOURSERVER?MaxPlayers=30?listen?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxxxxx?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true?ServerCrosshair=true?GlobalVoiceChat=false?NoTributeDownloads=true?AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=true?DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=false?ShowMapPlayerLocation=true?EnablePvPGamma=false

Hope this help ;-)

Dont forget, for exemple if you would like change your password, change it here AND under the option on your control panel.