Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Moving servers

Has anyone moved servers from one country to another?  I just need to know if it loses any data.  I already backed up my saved arks folder but wanted to see if it was necessary.  I hope not.

Has anyone moved servers from one country to another?  I just need to know if it loses any data.  I already backed up my saved arks folder but wanted to see if it was necessary.  I hope not.

Hey Rmurd, yes - you need to backup that folder via FTP and then replace that folder on your new server. All server saved data is inside this file, I've done this twice now with no issues or data loss.

Just ensure you swap the files out 1:1. Let me know if you need any help on this.

Just gonna hijack this thread real quick.

Do you only need to backup the "savedarks" folder before you move the server? Everything should be saved then?

All saved content is in the SavedArks folder, no need to move anything else.