Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Something Strange is going on

After some testing.

I cannot change my admin password from the control panel

My server will not update to the newest version nor will it show current version of the game.

I am unable to save ANY progress on the server cheat saveworld admincheat saveworld nor MANUAL ftp save files are working.

Something is really messed up here. can somone look at my files or something?

Saving is not currently working. I believe after they brought down some of the servers yesterday for "maintenance" and then back up... both saving and the ability to update the server is not working. My server stopped it's auto saving around that time. Even manual savings with admin command didn't work. You can see by looking at the file theisland.ark in the server save folder.. check the last modified date. The guide you posted is great if the servers were saving properly but they are not. I imagine as more ppl try to update their server and restart they will see they lost all progress from yesterday. I tried switching from LA to new York and I did get the latest server version but of course I want LA so I switched back hoping to get a new IP trying to fix the server saving issue.. but unfortunately it gave me the same server/ip. So I did it again and now I'm stuck with server status unknown. Anyways I put a ticket in like 20 hours ago with no response.

Side note.. admin password I figured out there is a configuration file in the ftp ... can't remember the name off hand.. anyways look there and u can find it.. u can manually change via text editor and overwrite the file.

Indeed its very frustraiting I run a gaming community as well as multipal tribes on my server for a "tribal wars" so you can imagine the heat i got when they cant play/rolled back 20+ hours when i woke up to an update this morning.... this is a major issue.

Unfortunately I think there is nothing we can do and just have to accept the fact we lost a day+ in progress now... I have been asking around and I haven't seen or heard of other well known hosting providers having as many "issues" as us unlucky few :( had my server ordered since before launch and I got maybe 8 hours of actual playtime.

Indeed Whizzle dont know what happend to the data centers to make them just now get new hardware. maybe we blew up there servers with the amount of people wanting to buy server slots? who knows... im switching my server to new york to see if that will fix it for the time being

If you cannot change your admin password just clear your GameUserSettings.ini file (delete it), and run a green Update & Restart button.

If your ARK is not updating to the latest version, wipe the "steamapps" folder from your FTP and run an ARK Update.

You can do both at the same time to save some time. Apologies for the slowness today on tickets, we are ramping up right now.