Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Absolute Rookie

Colgate Toothpaste

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to running a server.

Maybe I'm just thick or I'm not looking in the right place but I can't work out how to ad an admin to my game or change settings (spawn gear, start money etc).

I've worked out that It has something to do with the FTP thinger and the Database thing but I cant work out how to use it.

Any shared knowledge would be awesome.

Cheers

Dan

I have worked out how to modify stuff. How do I add DLC to it?

If you mena DLC´s such as marksman, then you just need to run a server update on the controlpanel and that will sort itself out.

If you mena DLC´s such as marksman, then you just need to run a server update on the controlpanel and that will sort itself out.

I've tried to. I had to add the individual Steam App ID's for each DLC and the only one that does not work is the Marksman one. Is that normal?

Also, does anyone know of any decent sites I can use to read about all this stuff? I really want to add some mods to the server but I have no idea how to.

I've tried to. I had to add the individual Steam App ID's for each DLC and the only one that does not work is the Marksman one. Is that normal?

Also, does anyone know of any decent sites I can use to read about all this stuff? I really want to add some mods to the server but I have no idea how to.

Heya Colgate,

Id go look at the boards on http://a3wasteland.com/ for additional mods etc.

Im pretty sure you will have to work the loottables yourself to get the Marksman items to spawn in vehicles and Buildings.

// Anders

Sorry to be an absolutely massive degenerate but I'm struggling with this. 

I cant work out how to add shit to my server. So i tried to add one from armaholic which allows you to buy Bundesweher uniforms in-game and I uploaded it to the server but It's not available anywhere.

I need a mod to edit the spawn gear of players.

Could you spoon feed it to me so I understand? I have no idea how to apply this shit. #MassiveDegenerateInNeedOfHelp

Most of the tools and how to I've posted in the Arma 2 section. It all works about the same way. I've worked on wastelands before for Arma 3 and it's pretty simple. If I'm available, you can give me a shout.

Sorry to be an absolutely massive degenerate but I'm struggling with this. 

I cant work out how to add shit to my server. So i tried to add one from armaholic which allows you to buy Bundesweher uniforms in-game and I uploaded it to the server but It's not available anywhere.

I need a mod to edit the spawn gear of players.

Could you spoon feed it to me so I understand? I have no idea how to apply this shit. #MassiveDegenerateInNeedOfHelp

Adding a mod straight from armaholic can set you up with a bunch of problems in my experience, usually BE related.

Also when adding a mod with new textures and stuff like the Bundesweher requires the client to download the mod aswell.

You need it properly installed with key's on your server, and so does the client connecting to your server.

Id reckomend looking through the many available mods at a3wasteland website to begin with, and when you've grown more experienced youll set the other stuff up in a jiff :)

Most of the tools and how to I've posted in the Arma 2 section. It all works about the same way. I've worked on wastelands before for Arma 3 and it's pretty simple. If I'm available, you can give me a shout.

Thanks for the help man! The server is running exactly as I wanted now!

Adding a mod straight from armaholic can set you up with a bunch of problems in my experience, usually BE related.

Also when adding a mod with new textures and stuff like the Bundesweher requires the client to download the mod aswell.

You need it properly installed with key's on your server, and so does the client connecting to your server.

Id reckomend looking through the many available mods at a3wasteland website to begin with, and when you've grown more experienced youll set the other stuff up in a jiff :)

Thanks for the advice and responding to all of my queries haha

• 6 years later...
On 6/6/2015 at 7:53 PM, Colgate Toothpaste said:

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to running a server.

Maybe I'm just thick or I'm not looking in the right place but I can't work out how to ad an admin to my game or change settings (spawn gear, start money etc).

I've worked out that It has something to do with the FTP thinger and the Database thing but I cant work out how to use it.

Any shared knowledge would be awesome.

gb whatsapp

Cheers

Dan

If you are emailing links containing passwords, particularly to a clear text, unencrypted protocol like FTP, then you are defeating the purpose of security. Just use a file transfer service with a unique URL, because clearly that is all the security you require based on the example you have set forth. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.