Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server will not load past loading screen.

So after my game crashed when the current patch came out, I am unable to log into the game past the loading screen. It simply stalls and becomes unresponsive, is there anything I can do on my end or anything that can be done by you all (The company that is) That will fix my server and not lose what progress I have made? Thanks in advance, my server ID is 5898

Some of the hotfixes for logging into an unresponsive server have been to go into your Steam Library, right clicking on Ark: Survival Evolved in your game list, selecting Properties at the bottom. Clicking on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS and entering the following command: +connect <your server IP address:your server port number +1> so it would look like this.

+connect 192.168.10.254:18815 but you will add +1 to your port number making it +connect 192.168.10.254:18816

Now, I've noticed after my server had issues and was finally back up and running, I needed to use the normal IP address and port number without the +1 in order to connect, so try both. After you enter one of the numbers, close the windows and click on the Ark launcher icon to launch the game. It should attempt to connect directly to your server.

If however when you look at the Steam Server list and your server shows a 0/0 population, no map selected. That means your server is most likely having a hardware failure and unfortunately, you will probably need to switch your Server location to fix that. Do that only after you have tried everything else and only if you have saved your servers FTP files. Since moving your server from one location to another will wipe the server.

Sadly the +connect didnt work. I'm not sure if its a server issue, hence why I am hestiant to shift servers again..

It could very well be on my end. Gonna try a few different things and see if they work. Thanks for the advice however!