Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

SurvivalServer only issue?

Seems to me when I look at the Steam Server list, SurvivalServers are at least 50% if not all, depending those who debranded their servers, for having this 0/0 population, no map selected, unable to connect problem.

My server is based in your Dallas location and this happened when I updated this morning from v170.1 to v170.4 and somehow, it just magically fixed itself. Then 45-60 minutes ago, my server crashed and failed to reboot correctly and is now showing the 0/0 population and no map selected. So I tried doing a Server Update, still no fix. This seems to be mostly if not only a SurvivalServer issue.

Current Ticket #857669

Seems to me when I look at the Steam Server list, SurvivalServers are at least 50% if not all, depending those who debranded their servers, for having this 0/0 population, no map selected, unable to connect problem.

My server is based in your Dallas location and this happened when I updated this morning from v170.1 to v170.4 and somehow, it just magically fixed itself. Then 45-60 minutes ago, my server crashed and failed to reboot correctly and is now showing the 0/0 population and no map selected. So I tried doing a Server Update, still no fix. This seems to be mostly if not only a SurvivalServer issue.

Current Ticket #857669

This is not only a Survivalserver issue. I have 3 friends using other providers, they have been down since v168

This is not only a Survivalserver issue. I have 3 friends using other providers, they have been down since v168

I'm speaking specifically of the 0/0 population, no map selected, can't connect issue. I know there's a multitude of issues with a lot of servers. This specific issue seems to affect SurvivalServers mostly. So was just pointing that out in case they know how to fix it. Considering mine was fixed this morning when it happened. Not sure if they did it or if the server just decided to start working.

I'm speaking specifically of the 0/0 population, no map selected, can't connect issue. I know there's a multitude of issues with a lot of servers. This specific issue seems to affect SurvivalServers mostly. So was just pointing that out in case they know how to fix it. Considering mine was fixed this morning when it happened. Not sure if they did it or if the server just decided to start working.

Yup Im talking about the 0/0 and map also. It seems to be an issue with ARK not pushing the update successful

Yup Im talking about the 0/0 and map also. It seems to be an issue with ARK not pushing the update successful

Except for the fact I woke up this morning with this issue, did multiple updates and server resets and all of a sudden my server decided to start working. That lasted about an hour and then it crashed and went back to the exact same issue. So it's not ARK, it's the servers.

Except for the fact I woke up this morning with this issue, did multiple updates and server resets and all of a sudden my server decided to start working. That lasted about an hour and then it crashed and went back to the exact same issue. So it's not ARK, it's the servers.

Are you running custom start commands?

Are you running custom start commands?

Nope, I always run vanilla until I know a game and the server I'm on are completely stable. Saves a lot of troubleshooting hassle that way.

This is not isolated to our hosting service. There's a developmental issue. Keep restarting your server to attempt to get it back online.

I posted this in another thread with the gentleman that has my Server IP address on his console. However, I will also post it here just in case. I have tried updating my server 2-3 times. I have tried restarting it 5+ times and no matter what I do, it will not come back up on Steam Server list as anything other than 0/0 population, no map selected and unable to connect.

Run ARK Update and when it is done, wait 15 minutes then join your server.

I've been trying to do that all day. Every update or restart had the same result. Server gets stuck in 0/0 population, no map selected and unable to connect. I believe Peter Quandro said he will fix it directly now. So I'm not able to do anything till he is done.

Please let me know your support ticket ID # or game server ID #.

Peter Quandro already replied to my ticket #857669

He said my server was indeed having a hardware issue and was moving me to a new one. My server ID# 5838

So after my server was moved from Dallas to Los Angeles, it seems like the 0/0, no map selected was fixed. Except now the server is not showing up in the Server list, but I can locate it in Favorites by adding the IP address:port +1 but I can't connect to it. So I'm going to do 1 update/restart to see if that fixes it. If not, going to try again tomorrow. Managed to play 60 minutes today :)

I updated my ticket, but figured I'd post here for others to see. I couldn't connect to the server using the IP address:port +1, so I used the exact address and port as it was listed on my Server console, without the port +1. This allowed me to connect.