Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Command line parameters

Rabb

There are a few command line parameters that the dev's have given out could you maybe give some examples of how exactly we use these with the Custom Launch Parameters  in the system.

Do we need to include ShooterGameServer.exe?, a few examples would help most of us to use these.

Drake  [developer] 11 hours ago 

Here are some command lines for your servers:

ShooterGameServer.exe?TheIsland?COMMAND1?COMMAND2?etc

Commands:

ServerPVE: this enables PVE mode. players can not hurt other players, or their structures, or their tamed dinos.
ServerHardcore: this enables ahrdcore mode. when you die, your character is gone.
ServerCrosshair: this enables use of the crosshair
ServerForceNoHUD: this force disables the floating character name popups
AltSaveDirectoryName: this is if you wanna save the data to an alternate directory to run multiple concurrent servers or whatnot

GlobalVoiceChat: this will make voice chat not proximity based
ProximityChat: This will make text chat proximity based
NoTributeDownloads: This will disable downloading external items/characters/dinos into this ARK
AllowThirdPersonPlayer: this enables players to play in 3rd person foot mode (work in progress)
AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft: this will notify playres when someone leaves
DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined: this will prevent notification of players when someone joins

We will expose these all to INI in the next day or so, and create a GUI launcher shortly thereafter! Lots more coming as well

• 4 weeks later...

+1 to this post.  I'm new running a server and did so in order to host for my buddies and I.  So far I'd tried typing in server commands into the custom launch parameters but had no luck.  I tried typing the commands with a ? after them and it didn't work out.

Next I read the FTP guide and downloaded filezilla etc.

I then edited ShooterGame/Config/DefaultEditorUserSettings.ini (this is not the file to edit)

added these lines:

[serverSettings]
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
ServerHardcore=True
GlobalVoiceChat=False
ProximityChat=False
NoTributeDownloads=False
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=False
AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=False
DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=True
ServerPVE=False
ServerCrosshair=True
ServerForceNoHUD=False
DifficultyOffset=0
ServerAdminPassword=*******
ServerPassword=*******

I'm currently rebooting my server to see if this works.  I'll let you know if it does.

Ok Rabb.  I'm learning.

That didn't work.

Here's what you want to do - use the FTP and edit this file:

/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/GameUserSettings.ini

Put a couple spaces after your server settings and add the stuff you want.  When you save that file and re-up it to the FTP then boot your server, it will have worked.

This is a good list of commands

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Admin_Game_Commands

Next I'd like to find out how to do admin things like message of the day, etc.  Not sure how but I'm sure it's easy.

Anybody else want to chime in, please do.  This forum seems to have some good info in it already, but hopefully I've helped somebody figure out how to set custom game parameters up.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to figure out

DifficultyOffset=

In the notes the mention 2.0 and 3.0 however the still only reference this from 0 to 1 which is 300% increase 

has anyone changed to like 1.5 0r 2.0 etc etc...