Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

types.xml cfgeconomycore.xml cfgspawnabletypes.xml

jaypee lumagui

• 4 months later...

How-To Customize A DayZ SA Server – The Dead Return (wordpress.com)

This allows you to set a custom file for your types so when the server does an update the only file you might have to reset is your cfgeconomycore.xml, i just keep a duplicated version of my economy core and back up my mission folder whenever i makes changes to anything,

it isn't a perfect solution as you can't assign event spawns and the like but at least you don't have to copy and paste everything back into your types file whenever there is an update.

You need to set the lifetime value of every car in types to 3000000 so they don't de-spawn, the default lifetime (3 i think) causes cars to de-spawn quickly. My personal suggestion is to paste everything from the the old types file into your new custom types and delete the types in the db folder, the only downside to this is that you'll have to paste in any new types when there is an update (if you want those new items). On the plus side you get full control over your loot table. I highly suggest the CarCover mod, it allows you to put a camo net over the top of your car and prevents de-spawning, however I still recommend changing those lifetime values so if you forget the camo net it will take weeks for it de-spawn.

Remember your custom types file has to be formatted like the other types or else it won't work. Paste my example below and just replace my type with the ones for your server. Use this site to validate your xml files Validate XML files (xmlvalidation.com)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>       
<types>    

<type name="ExampleType">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>7200</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="containers"/>
        <tag name="floor"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

</types>