Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Looking to buy a server

Hello, I just joined the forum and me and some friends have been thinking for a while on buying a Dayz Mod Server just for ourselfs for the time being, but I got some questions regarding some Mods. :)

Basically, we're focusing a lot as a Co-op PVE server and I saw that you guys can install "Dayz Missions" on the server.

Basically what I want to know is if I can then choose the routes and places where I want the AI to go, as well as their appeareance, gear and difficulty?

And also, could I also add things to the map such as buildings and modify loot tables and add new weapons, items and vehicles into the game?

Basically, our idea is to create an outpost of sorts on the map that is controlled by an AI faction that also holds all the big loot buildings for high end equipment. And also make the AI patrol some main roads across Chernarus.

Would this be all possible? :)

Hello, I just joined the forum and me and some friends have been thinking for a while on buying a Dayz Mod Server just for ourselfs for the time being, but I got some questions regarding some Mods. :)

Basically, we're focusing a lot as a Co-op PVE server and I saw that you guys can install "Dayz Missions" on the server.

Basically what I want to know is if I can then choose the routes and places where I want the AI to go, as well as their appeareance, gear and difficulty?

And also, could I also add things to the map such as buildings and modify loot tables and add new weapons, items and vehicles into the game?

Basically, our idea is to create an outpost of sorts on the map that is controlled by an AI faction that also holds all the big loot buildings for high end equipment. And also make the AI patrol some main roads across Chernarus.

Would this be all possible? :)

I don't work here but I can try to answer some of your questions. It states HERE in the MODS FOR YOUR SERVER section what they do. If you want missions, I would go with WAI or DZMS or both. That will give you plenty of missions on your server at one time. Personally I use both. DZAI is what you want for roaming AI. I use it as well. It allows your AI to roam on foot, vehicles, and in air. You can configure the weapons, clothing, difficulty, and gear you want them to have. I would not suggest trying to rewrite the path they roam as that is custom work and may take a long time to configure. It's almost like rewriting the entire script. The most common and cheapest way to add buildings to a map is by uploading a map pack that was created and released on either the Epoch website or Open DayZ. If you require other buildings, again, you are asking for custom work that can take a long time and can be costly. A custom loot table can be added to your server. They probably have one pre made like I do but if you don't like it and want it adjusted you're gonna spend more money. You can add weapons yourself in the MySQL database or in your mission PBO. All of this is just my suggestion. The more custom work you want, the more you'll pay and the more time it will take to get what you want. If you just go with the basic stuff, you could probably have your mods on your server within the time they ask to allow for the install. I hope this helps and I don't mean to be stepping on any toes here.

I don't work here but I can try to answer some of your questions. It states HERE in the MODS FOR YOUR SERVER section what they do. If you want missions, I would go with WAI or DZMS or both. That will give you plenty of missions on your server at one time. Personally I use both. DZAI is what you want for roaming AI. I use it as well. It allows your AI to roam on foot, vehicles, and in air. You can configure the weapons, clothing, difficulty, and gear you want them to have. I would not suggest trying to rewrite the path they roam as that is custom work and may take a long time to configure. It's almost like rewriting the entire script. The most common and cheapest way to add buildings to a map is by uploading a map pack that was created and released on either the Epoch website or Open DayZ. If you require other buildings, again, you are asking for custom work that can take a long time and can be costly. A custom loot table can be added to your server. They probably have one pre made like I do but if you don't like it and want it adjusted you're gonna spend more money. You can add weapons yourself in the MySQL database or in your mission PBO. All of this is just my suggestion. The more custom work you want, the more you'll pay and the more time it will take to get what you want. If you just go with the basic stuff, you could probably have your mods on your server within the time they ask to allow for the install. I hope this helps and I don't mean to be stepping on any toes here.

Thanks for the info. Well that was an eye opener! I'll get an already premade custom loots and get a map pack. Although could you explain to me the big differences of all these Ais?

I wanted one that could stay at one point on the map defending it, in this case would be their base, then I also wanted them to be able to roam all over Chernarus.

You could have them install this.

Below are links to the scripts:

DZMS

WAI

EMS

DZAI

Hmm...by reading all of this, I don't think our idea is possible unless as you said, we spend a lot of money. So, we're going to have to think about this if we just want a traditional server or not. Because all of this stuff sounds a bit confusing and I have no script knowledge at all.

You could buy a regular server without any mods while you are thinking it over. In the meantime, you can create a support ticket and get a quote from them on how much everything would cost for them to do. I would advise you to be very specific with exactly everything you want. That way they can give you a better price. Also, in the meantime you could browse Open DayZ and the Epoch forums for premade map packs that you may want.

Hmm..Dayz Missions sounds like something we want. With all those bandit events happening and loot crates all randomly on the map is quite cool! Now we would just need some Static AI that could be in one place all the time.

• 2 weeks later...