Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

DayZ Version 1.8.4

Vladick

Hey there,

I am running DayZ 1.8.3 and, as many of you know, it took some doing for Survival Servers to support this version of the mod. This said, I see that they have come out with an 1.8.4 update. My players are asking when they can update their clients to support the new changes and I am telling them that I will update the server when 1.8.4 is supported by Survival Servers.

Anyone know this version will be supported? I need to let my players know when they can update their clients to 1.8.4? Many of them have already done this automatically via Steam and now they are having to roll their versions back to 1.8.3 via Steam to play on my server. This adds another barrier between my server and DayZ Vanilla players.

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay, so I was able to figure out how to install the 1.8.4 version of the Vanilla Chernarus map but apparently there is some version confusion going on here. The Survival Servers version is 1.8.4 but the latest version of the map is 1.8.4.1. Apparently there is a huge difference when it comes to joining my server.

When I changed my server to 1.8.4, I was still unable to join even after my game was updated by Steam. But I had to download and install DayZ Launcher in order to change my version of DayZ to 1.8.4. Then I was able to join. I think this is because Steam installed the latest version as 1.8.4.1 and when I was trying to join my 1.8.4 server it was telling me I had the wrong version of the game and to reinstall. I used to use DayZ Commander to roll back versions if needed, but that program isn't updated with 1.8.4 or 1.8.4.1 versions. Also, DayZ Launcher updated recently and no longer supports a rollback to 1.8.4, only an install of 1.8.4.1. It says my current 1.8.4 installation is corrupt.

I can still join my server because my game version is 1.8.4 (installed before DayZ Launcher updated to 1.8.4.1). However, when I try to join servers that have been updated to 1.8.4.1, it tells me I have the wrong version of the game and to reinstall.

The point of all of this is that I'm pretty sure Survival Servers needs to update the Chernarus map version to 1.8.4.1 so that people who just update their game automatically using Steam will be able to join. Otherwise, it's a major hassle (maybe impossible now) trying to make the game version 1.8.4 to be compatible with the Survival Server version. No one has played on my server in days, which is pretty hard evidence that there is a big problem here. 

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Vladick

Haha... yeah. I was running Epoch but I didn't like it because there was way too much stuff just laying around. Not really a survival game IMO, just a shooter for those looking for instant gratification. But after the instant gratification wears off, then what?

And I wasn't getting a lot of players either because, while I had most of the cool addon scripts installed, I just wasn't able to compete with a couple of other servers that had EVERYTHING. Long story short, I like that's it's hard to find stuff in Vanilla.

My two cents.