Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

DayZ 1.8.3 configuration

Vladick

Hi there,

I changed my server to DayZ 1.8.3 (SS is now supporting it) from Epoch and it worked for a while until scheduled restart when I tried to load the Antihack by checking the button on the cpanel. Now it gets stuck loading the mission file. Also, the server never restarted automatically. I had to click the green Update Settings and Restart Game Server bar at the bottom of the screen.

I tried unchecking the Antihack in the cpanel and restarting but it is still getting stuck on loading the mission file.

Can anyone advise me on the correct configuration for DayZ 1.8.3. There are several options on the cpanel and I wonder if they all work with every mod. For example, does the Antihack even work with DayZ 1.8.3? If not, what else on the cpanel should I not be using and what am I supposed to use to perform admin duties, BEC? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

Vladick

Hi there,

I changed my server to DayZ 1.8.3 (SS is now supporting it) from Epoch and it worked for a while until scheduled restart when I tried to load the Antihack by checking the button on the cpanel. Now it gets stuck loading the mission file. Also, the server never restarted automatically. I had to click the green Update Settings and Restart Game Server bar at the bottom of the screen.

I tried unchecking the Antihack in the cpanel and restarting but it is still getting stuck on loading the mission file.

Can anyone advise me on the correct configuration for DayZ 1.8.3. There are several options on the cpanel and I wonder if they all work with every mod. For example, does the Antihack even work with DayZ 1.8.3? If not, what else on the cpanel should I not be using and what am I supposed to use to perform admin duties, BEC? Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

Vladick

Found the problem, it was the BattlEye option.

I was able to get back in after unselecting the BattEye option, changing the server mod version to something other than DayZ 1.8.3, restarting, changing it back to DayZ 1.8.3, restarting, reselcting the BattlEye option and restarting again. Now everyone can get in.

Now I have to figure out how I'm supposed to perform admin duties without the Infistar Antihack. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Vladick

Found the problem, it was the BattlEye option.

I was able to get back in after unselecting the BattEye option, changing the server mod version to something other than DayZ 1.8.3, restarting, changing it back to DayZ 1.8.3, restarting, reselcting the BattlEye option and restarting again. Now everyone can get in.

Now I have to figure out how I'm supposed to perform admin duties without the Infistar Antihack. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Vladick

Thanks very much Steven!

I also submitted a trouble ticket when I was having this issue and Peter replied that right now the AH doesn't work with 1.8.3. That was all the information about it I got. I don't know if that means they are working on it right now or what, but it would so nice to be able to use the Infistar AH with DayZ 1.8.3 as I did with Epoch, especially since I paid for it!

Thanks for your help!

Vladick

Thanks very much Steven!

I also submitted a trouble ticket when I was having this issue and Peter replied that right now the AH doesn't work with 1.8.3. That was all the information about it I got. I don't know if that means they are working on it right now or what, but it would so nice to be able to use the Infistar AH with DayZ 1.8.3 as I did with Epoch, especially since I paid for it!

Thanks for your help!

Vladick

Much appreciated! Upon reviewing the Mission init.sqf file I came across the code that enables and disables the antihack (first line of the game settings) so they MUST intend for it to be used. But when it is enabled on my server noone can log in. Weird.

//Add the instance id of this server

dayZ_instance = 1; // The instance

//Tag info this is shown to all players in the bottom left hand side of the screen

dayZ_serverName = "BSBS"; // Servername (country code + server number)

//Game Settings

dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

dayz_REsec = 1; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

dayz_enableGhosting = true; //Enable disable the ghosting system.

dayz_ghostTimer = 120; //Sets how long in seconds a player must be dissconnected before being able to login again.

dayz_spawnselection = 1; //Turn on spawn selection 0 = random only spawns, 1 = Spawn choice based on limits

dayz_spawncarepkgs_clutterCutter = 0; //0 = loot hidden in grass, 1 = loot lifted and 2 = no grass

dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0; // heli crash options 0 = loot hidden in grass, 1 = loot lifted and 2 = no grass

dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // infected base spawn... 0: loot hidden in grass, 1: loot lifted, 2: no grass

dayz_enableRules = true; //Enables a nice little news/rules feed on player login (make sure to keep the lists quick).

dayz_quickSwitch = false; //Turns on forced animation for weapon switch. (hotkeys 1,2,3) False = enable animations, True = disable animations

dayz_bleedingeffect = 3; //1= blood on the ground, 2= partical effect, 3 = both.

dayz_ForcefullmoonNights = false; // Forces night time to be full moon.

dayz_POIs = true;

dayz_infectiousWaterholes = true;

Much appreciated! Upon reviewing the Mission init.sqf file I came across the code that enables and disables the antihack (first line of the game settings) so they MUST intend for it to be used. But when it is enabled on my server noone can log in. Weird.

//Add the instance id of this server

dayZ_instance = 1; // The instance

//Tag info this is shown to all players in the bottom left hand side of the screen

dayZ_serverName = "BSBS"; // Servername (country code + server number)

//Game Settings

dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

dayz_enableGhosting = true; //Enable disable the ghosting system.

dayz_ghostTimer = 120; //Sets how long in seconds a player must be dissconnected before being able to login again.

dayz_spawnselection = 1; //Turn on spawn selection 0 = random only spawns, 1 = Spawn choice based on limits

dayz_spawncarepkgs_clutterCutter = 0; //0 = loot hidden in grass, 1 = loot lifted and 2 = no grass

dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 0; // heli crash options 0 = loot hidden in grass, 1 = loot lifted and 2 = no grass

dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 0; // infected base spawn... 0: loot hidden in grass, 1: loot lifted, 2: no grass

dayz_enableRules = true; //Enables a nice little news/rules feed on player login (make sure to keep the lists quick).

dayz_quickSwitch = false; //Turns on forced animation for weapon switch. (hotkeys 1,2,3) False = enable animations, True = disable animations

dayz_bleedingeffect = 3; //1= blood on the ground, 2= partical effect, 3 = both.

dayz_ForcefullmoonNights = false; // Forces night time to be full moon.

dayz_POIs = true;

dayz_infectiousWaterholes = true;

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so the Infistar Antihack is now working on my server. SS had to wait for a file update from Infistar before it would work on Chernarus 1.8.3. But even after I was told it would now work, I couldn't for the life of me install the antihack without the server getting hung up when players joined. Peter said it had to do with problems related to BattlEye and he installed it for me and got it working. Now I have a way to provide admin support on my server. The installation has increased the lag substantially for some reason and there are a few other little issues also. I will be submitting tickets for them once I understand it more. But I am still terrified to make any changes fearing catastrophic failure resulting in a server wipe.

Hope this helps someone.

Vladick

Okay, so the Infistar Antihack is now working on my server. SS had to wait for a file update from Infistar before it would work on Chernarus 1.8.3. But even after I was told it would now work, I couldn't for the life of me install the antihack without the server getting hung up when players joined. Peter said it had to do with problems related to BattlEye and he installed it for me and got it working. Now I have a way to provide admin support on my server. The installation has increased the lag substantially for some reason and there are a few other little issues also. I will be submitting tickets for them once I understand it more. But I am still terrified to make any changes fearing catastrophic failure resulting in a server wipe.

Hope this helps someone.

Vladick

hmm that is very odd. Very well may be an issue with the actual coding the hack has at this current point. Give me updates when you get them of what you find. I'll see if there is any reason for this lag. Also make sure to back up your database to your pc. That is a safe way to make sure you always have your stuff.

hmm that is very odd. Very well may be an issue with the actual coding the hack has at this current point. Give me updates when you get them of what you find. I'll see if there is any reason for this lag. Also make sure to back up your database to your pc. That is a safe way to make sure you always have your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steven, I've been told that this line in the init.sqf in the Mission file needs to be set to 0 or it conflicts with InfiStar. Ryan said he is not 100 percent certain this is the cause of my issues but it's a good place to start. Since I made this change, the server seems to be having less issues and the lag isn't as bad as it was. Anyway, thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else.

This needs to be 0 for infiSTAR to function properly, they conflict with eachother.

Thanks,

Vladick

Hey Steven, I've been told that this line in the init.sqf in the Mission file needs to be set to 0 or it conflicts with InfiStar. Ryan said he is not 100 percent certain this is the cause of my issues but it's a good place to start. Since I made this change, the server seems to be having less issues and the lag isn't as bad as it was. Anyway, thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else.

This needs to be 0 for infiSTAR to function properly, they conflict with eachother.

Thanks,

Vladick

hmm interesting. Thanks for the heads up.