Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Can't get into server -- NEED HELP

Vladick

Okay, so i posted a previous topic concerning changing maps as I wanted to change from Epoch to DayZ 1.8.3. Got no replies to that so I went ahead and made the map change. Here is what happened:

1. I changed my map from Epoch to DayZ 1.8.3

2. Server failed to show in either the game or in DayZ Commander

3. I remoted to it using the IP and was kicked immediately due to script restriction #1

4. I uninstalled Battleye and reinstalled, restarting server

5. I uninstalled Antihack and reinstalled, restarting server

6. Server still not showing up in the game or in DayZ Commander

7. Remoted in with IP and it started to download the Mission file but the file was really small (45 kb)

8. The mission file downloads and then the game hangs one the DayZ logo screen

That's as far as I've got. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything I can thing of. I am now going to submit a trouble ticket, but sometimes this is faster.

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay, so i posted a previous topic concerning changing maps as I wanted to change from Epoch to DayZ 1.8.3. Got no replies to that so I went ahead and made the map change. Here is what happened:

1. I changed my map from Epoch to DayZ 1.8.3

2. Server failed to show in either the game or in DayZ Commander

3. I remoted to it using the IP and was kicked immediately due to script restriction #1

4. I uninstalled Battleye and reinstalled, restarting server

5. I uninstalled Antihack and reinstalled, restarting server

6. Server still not showing up in the game or in DayZ Commander

7. Remoted in with IP and it started to download the Mission file but the file was really small (45 kb)

8. The mission file downloads and then the game hangs one the DayZ logo screen

That's as far as I've got. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything I can thing of. I am now going to submit a trouble ticket, but sometimes this is faster.

Thanks!

Vladick

BTW, I tried to view my database in phpMyAdmin and it appears I don't have a database. There were no tables and no data. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Vladick

BTW, I tried to view my database in phpMyAdmin and it appears I don't have a database. There were no tables and no data. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Vladick

I've also tried to uninstall/install every server option systematically and have had no success. I've also tried to load a backup Epoch database but that didn't work either. I submitted a trouble ticket two days ago but have heard nothing. Kinda surprised because they were very helpful previously. I'm bummed really kinda bummed because I wanted to get this server up and running so that my friends (and enemies!) could play over these last few vacation days. Right now I don't have either an Epoch or a Vanilla DayZ server. If anyone has had any experience changing maps (especially from Epoch to DayZ), I could really use some help.

Thanks!

Vladick

I've also tried to uninstall/install every server option systematically and have had no success. I've also tried to load a backup Epoch database but that didn't work either. I submitted a trouble ticket two days ago but have heard nothing. Kinda surprised because they were very helpful previously. I'm bummed really kinda bummed because I wanted to get this server up and running so that my friends (and enemies!) could play over these last few vacation days. Right now I don't have either an Epoch or a Vanilla DayZ server. If anyone has had any experience changing maps (especially from Epoch to DayZ), I could really use some help.

Thanks!

Vladick

So apparently SS does not support DayZ v1.8.3 yet. So one of the tech support guys changed my server to 1.8.2. Great, except I still can't join it, despite the fact I downgraded my game to 1.8.2 (done this several times before). The server shows up in the game server list and when I try to join it gets hung on loading the Mission file (the mission file is larger than it was before) and then it times out and returns a Lost Connection error message. After that, the server does not show up in the game server list as the status of the server changes to Stopped in the Cpanel. I still need help with this...

One thing that is strange is that the server shows up on DayZ Commander with the wrong information. It displays my old DayZ Epoch information and the 1.8.2 information does not show up at all (not sure if any of that matters).

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Vladick

So apparently SS does not support DayZ v1.8.3 yet. So one of the tech support guys changed my server to 1.8.2. Great, except I still can't join it, despite the fact I downgraded my game to 1.8.2 (done this several times before). The server shows up in the game server list and when I try to join it gets hung on loading the Mission file (the mission file is larger than it was before) and then it times out and returns a Lost Connection error message. After that, the server does not show up in the game server list as the status of the server changes to Stopped in the Cpanel. I still need help with this...

One thing that is strange is that the server shows up on DayZ Commander with the wrong information. It displays my old DayZ Epoch information and the 1.8.2 information does not show up at all (not sure if any of that matters).

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Vladick

So I'd like to reiterate that this issue is not resolved. I have been told that Survival Servers does not support DayZ 1.8.3. That's fine. I would like my server to be DayZ 1.8.2 then. But when I switch it over to that it still doesn't work, with the same issues. Also, in the game servers list, my server status is stuck at Creating. I have noticed other Survival Servers DayZ 1.8.2 servers in the game servers list that are also stuck on Creating. I have tried to join those also without success and they also get stuck loading the mission file. However, there are other Survival Servers DayZ 1.8.2 servers that do work, so that tells me it is at least possible and that something is not right with my server.

I've sent a trouble ticket and received a response saying that they don't support 1.8.3. That's fine but I need help to make it 1.8.2 if that's possible. But I am concerned about the lack of response from SS I am getting on this issue. It's been a week now and I feel that I may be being ignored because there isn't a solution. If there isn't, that would be good to know too so that I can revert my server back to Epoch or find another hosting company.

If there is a solution, it would be nice to get some help from tech support. My server is just sitting there useless right now and I have no idea why it doesn't work. I need help.

Thanks!

Vladick

So I'd like to reiterate that this issue is not resolved. I have been told that Survival Servers does not support DayZ 1.8.3. That's fine. I would like my server to be DayZ 1.8.2 then. But when I switch it over to that it still doesn't work, with the same issues. Also, in the game servers list, my server status is stuck at Creating. I have noticed other Survival Servers DayZ 1.8.2 servers in the game servers list that are also stuck on Creating. I have tried to join those also without success and they also get stuck loading the mission file. However, there are other Survival Servers DayZ 1.8.2 servers that do work, so that tells me it is at least possible and that something is not right with my server.

I've sent a trouble ticket and received a response saying that they don't support 1.8.3. That's fine but I need help to make it 1.8.2 if that's possible. But I am concerned about the lack of response from SS I am getting on this issue. It's been a week now and I feel that I may be being ignored because there isn't a solution. If there isn't, that would be good to know too so that I can revert my server back to Epoch or find another hosting company.

If there is a solution, it would be nice to get some help from tech support. My server is just sitting there useless right now and I have no idea why it doesn't work. I need help.

Thanks!

Vladick

So, SS now supports 1.8.3 so getting 1.8.2 to work is moot, but I wanted to put this out there just in case it helps someone else. It took a little trial and error to get my server up after trying to change maps from Epoch to Vanilla 1.8.3. The problems were caused by the fact that the Antihack is not yet supported by SS for 1.8.3, and by the BattlEye option on the cpanel.

What I had to do was uncheck the Antihack (I now have no way to admin my server. A player asked for help yesterday and I was just liek, "Sorry man, I am the lamest admin on the planet." So disabling that was half the battle.

The other half was disabling the BattlEye option and then reenabling it, because you gotta have BattlEye. The problem occurred because it was already enabled for the Epoch map and apparently you can't just change maps and expect options to configure themselves. Thus, I had to do the following:

Unselect the BattEye option

Change the server mod version to something other than DayZ 1.8.3

Restart

Change the server mod version back to DayZ 1.8.3

Restart

Reselct the BattlEye option

Restart

That did the trick. Now my Vanilla 1.8.3 server is up and fully functional! Course, that wiped the database, I don't have any admin powers, and I'm terrified to make any changes. I guess it wouldn't be Vanilla if it was easy.

Thanks and good luck,

Vladick

So, SS now supports 1.8.3 so getting 1.8.2 to work is moot, but I wanted to put this out there just in case it helps someone else. It took a little trial and error to get my server up after trying to change maps from Epoch to Vanilla 1.8.3. The problems were caused by the fact that the Antihack is not yet supported by SS for 1.8.3, and by the BattlEye option on the cpanel.

What I had to do was uncheck the Antihack (I now have no way to admin my server. A player asked for help yesterday and I was just liek, "Sorry man, I am the lamest admin on the planet." So disabling that was half the battle.

The other half was disabling the BattlEye option and then reenabling it, because you gotta have BattlEye. The problem occurred because it was already enabled for the Epoch map and apparently you can't just change maps and expect options to configure themselves. Thus, I had to do the following:

Unselect the BattEye option

Change the server mod version to something other than DayZ 1.8.3

Restart

Change the server mod version back to DayZ 1.8.3

Restart

Reselct the BattlEye option

Restart

That did the trick. Now my Vanilla 1.8.3 server is up and fully functional! Course, that wiped the database, I don't have any admin powers, and I'm terrified to make any changes. I guess it wouldn't be Vanilla if it was easy.

Thanks and good luck,

Vladick