Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Steam Update - Incompatible Version when logging in using IP

john50

IGNORE RESOLVED THANKS

I did a Steam update this morning. Now when I try to long into my server using the IP/Port, it asks for my password then pops up a message:

Incompatible version. 

I have tried restarting my server from the control panel, no luck. Any hep?

Same. Manually updated/validated with same results. Please advise.

Edit: My issue resolved. The control panel has a section to Start/Restart/Launch server in top left, and in the middle has restart settings. I was using these to try to manually update server. However, at the bottom of the screen is a large (and should be obvious, my mistake) green bar which reads something like ' Save Settings and Restart Server', after setting the restart options to update/validate and clicking this button, everything is resolved. 

Edited by Rob Crandall
resolved.

56 minutes ago, BroccoliRob said:

Same issue. Also, following. 

Never mind. Went to server update and said yes to update. Then restarted and works now. Thanks.

Where did you find this server update option?

25 minutes ago, TheGhiliMonster said:

Where did you find this server update option?

In your server Control Panel. Make sure you have your Server Update(Automatic) settings set to "Enabled", then at the bottom of the Control Panel page you will see Save Settings and Restart Game Server. When you click that the server should restart and begin to update.