Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

valheim_plus.cfg overwritten on server restart

Alex Berry

I am guessing this is a BepinEx/Valheim + issue, but whenever my server restarts, the valheim_plus.cfg file gets overwritten in the /BepInEx/config directory.

FWIW when i redeploy my mods locally the same thing happens, except the file is overwritten with a link to a file within the staging area of vortex, not sure if it's related or not.

It looks like you can overwrite the cfg file with the server running, and new players will get the config, but it is def not ideal, especially with daily restarts.

I need to elaborate on this issue further. The problem I have is the player count is not available in the Config tool. So I edit through FTP, but when I do the .cfg is overwritten everytime I start the server. It also resets my Password requirement and enables it. I have been trying a number of different DIY fixes, but keep getting the same results.

16 hours ago, Kevin Phillips said:

I need to elaborate on this issue further. The problem I have is the player count is not available in the Config tool. So I edit through FTP, but when I do the .cfg is overwritten everytime I start the server. It also resets my Password requirement and enables it. I have been trying a number of different DIY fixes, but keep getting the same results.

I think are are not understanding what I was highlighting in my message. Particularly where it says "IMPORTANT" - it states that every time you run the Save on the Modify Valheim+ Config tool your valheim_plus.cfg will be overwritten and the settings from that tool only will be applied (and anything made changed via FTP will be ignored and overwritten - the two don't work in concert and are not interchangeable)

Also you can't change the Max Players because you didn't pay for it. I just looked you up, you paid for 10 slots. That means you get 10 players only and are not permitted to add more slots. If you upgrade to more slots you will have the ability to modify the max players input on the Modify Valheim+ Config tool.