Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

DayZ Expansion

zeiaxar

I'm trying to setup and run my server with the DayZ Expansion mods, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong for it. I've tried literally everything I can think of to get it to run, and it always just freezes halfway through loading after clicking play when in the DayZ launcher.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, zeiaxar said:

I'm trying to setup and run my server with the DayZ Expansion mods, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong for it. I've tried literally everything I can think of to get it to run, and it always just freezes halfway through loading after clicking play when in the DayZ launcher.

Sorry to hear you are seeing this issue. Do you both by chance have the expansion mission files installed? https://github.com/ExpansionModTeam/DayZ-Expansion-Missions

If you have one of those installed then check the serverDZ.cfg file to see if it is calling the proper mission name.

If that is set properly then in the admin folder delete the Expansionmod folder and restart the server so it auto generates it again. This should fix it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 7:34 PM, TheOriginal007 said:

In the past I was able to pay SS to install mods for me...is this still a viable option?

If so I would kindly pay to have it installed

Unfortunately we discontinued our paid mod support as it was taking up too much time, however we do still offer support via ticket for modding. Just not as in depth any longer.

• 4 months later...

After everytime you hit the green "save settings and restart server" you need to edit the serverDZ.cfg  in the admin folder back to the mission map your using. then just use the Start, stop , restart buttons.  The " start, stop,  restart, buttons don't mess up your admin cfg file.

There are two serverDZ.cfg filess one in root and one in admin.

Wish there was a better way. if so fill me in please.

• 4 weeks later...

I having this problem as of DayZ 1.14 let me explain my situation. So I reinstall my server leaving it completely wiped like usual. Then I stop the server, hop on FileZilla add on @CF and @CommunityOnlineTools along with the key that’s required in the keys folder in the root. I go back onto Nitrado while it’s still stopped, go down to additional mods in the general tab and I add @CF and @CommunityOnlineTools. I start the server and it pops up showing that it requires those 2 mods like it should so I load my mods from the mods tab (@CF,@CommuntityOnlineTools) and join right into my server and jump right back out like you should so my server could pick up my GUID. Once I go back to my Nitrado server go into (@dayzstandalone>@config>@permissions framework>@players@myGUID) and change it to admin I’ll save it and restart my server.

I’ll load into my server with community online tools working like it should and toogled it on to make sure. I leave my server, go back into Nitrado and stop the server. Then I’ll hop back onto FileZilla, add on @DayZ-Expansion and @DayZ-Expansion-Licensed along with the key that belong me in the keys folder in the root of course. I’ll then add the Expansion.ChernarusPlus folder from the @DayZ-Expansion(While still in FileZilla) into the mpmissions folder that includes those other 2 mission folders. I’ll leave FileZilla going to back to Nitrado, flip on expert mode add @DayZ-Expansion@DayZ-Expansion-Licensed, save changes then I’ll go into serverDZ.cfg go down to template and change the mission from dayzoffline.chernarusplus to Expansion.ChernarusPlus like your suppose too and save changes then I’ll start it up still on expert mode and little do ever believe the server doesn’t want to pop up on the list at all but as soon as I remove @DayZ-Expansion@DayZ-Expansion-Licensed  and restart it works like normal as if something that I’m doing to get expansion up and running it messing everything up. Can someone that is familiar with this issue please please please help👏🏻.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:52 AM, Ian Wolf 98 said:

I having this problem as of DayZ 1.14 let me explain my situation. So I reinstall my server leaving it completely wiped like usual. Then I stop the server, hop on FileZilla add on @CF and @CommunityOnlineTools along with the key that’s required in the keys folder in the root. I go back onto Nitrado while it’s still stopped, go down to additional mods in the general tab and I add @CF and @CommunityOnlineTools. I start the server and it pops up showing that it requires those 2 mods like it should so I load my mods from the mods tab (@CF,@CommuntityOnlineTools) and join right into my server and jump right back out like you should so my server could pick up my GUID. Once I go back to my Nitrado server go into (@dayzstandalone>@config>@permissions framework>@players@myGUID) and change it to admin I’ll save it and restart my server.

I’ll load into my server with community online tools working like it should and toogled it on to make sure. I leave my server, go back into Nitrado and stop the server. Then I’ll hop back onto FileZilla, add on @DayZ-Expansion and @DayZ-Expansion-Licensed along with the key that belong me in the keys folder in the root of course. I’ll then add the Expansion.ChernarusPlus folder from the @DayZ-Expansion(While still in FileZilla) into the mpmissions folder that includes those other 2 mission folders. I’ll leave FileZilla going to back to Nitrado, flip on expert mode add @DayZ-Expansion@DayZ-Expansion-Licensed, save changes then I’ll go into serverDZ.cfg go down to template and change the mission from dayzoffline.chernarusplus to Expansion.ChernarusPlus like your suppose too and save changes then I’ll start it up still on expert mode and little do ever believe the server doesn’t want to pop up on the list at all but as soon as I remove @DayZ-Expansion@DayZ-Expansion-Licensed  and restart it works like normal as if something that I’m doing to get expansion up and running it messing everything up. Can someone that is familiar with this issue please please please help👏🏻.

Sadly I am not too sure as we have no clue how Nitrado has their system setup. You would want to contact them and see if any issues are showing on the back end.

• 2 months later...

Is there a complete tutorial somewhere to install the DayZ Expansion. Like from the wipe the server stage to up and running? I'd like to switch mine over but when I tried this last week following various instructions, it didn't work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ive managed to get the Expansion mod bundle up and running properly with a few other mods (carcover, airdrop upgraded, and MMG, although I still need to figure out scripts for MMG gear to spawn).  It is a pain but its doable.  Hardest part is the scrips which need to go in the mpmissions folder.  if you still having issues I can try and assist but I going to be out of reach for a couple months starting in Marh.  There are a couple tutorials on youtube but they are for nitrado and there as a couple things you'll need to do differently for Survival servers(its huge to have auto updates to your mods so I recommend going the extra mile and get this one set up).  First step is to have the server folks wipe it completely and start fresh.  add in the IDs, but pay extra attentions to scripts.  You'll need to get your FTP manually add files.

• 1 month later...