Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Fireplace setting missing in Control Panel Valheim+ Config Tool

FiveSeveN-

• FiveSeveN- changed the title to Fireplace setting missing in Control Panel Valheim+ Config Tool

It's not missing it's just that first checkbox. I guess it can be reworded slightly but the V+ dev decided that one section would have a slightly different wording compared to the enable=true for each of the other sections simply enabling those sections. You need to have that first checkbox enabled to enable the second one. I don't quite understand why it is a section enabler boolean.

I was a bit confused by what you meant, but I settled on that you meant the top setting was for fireplaces (campfires, hearths, etc) and the bottom for torches, and there is no "Master Enable" setting for the section.

However, it seems that it indeed is a master enable setting because with Top=Off and Bottom=On, neither torches nor fireplaces are infinitely-fueled. The wording was changed in the CP, but it seems I still cannot disable infinite fuel for campfires while enabling infinite fuel for torches.

To clarify, I'm pretty sure this is how it is behaving:

Disable Fireplaces Need Refill - Checked
Only Torches Need Refill - Checked
Fires (campfires) and torches have infinite fuel
-------------------------
Disable Fireplaces Need Refill - Unchecked
Only Torches Need Refill - Checked
Section is disabled, all fires and torches need refueling
-------------------------
Disable Fireplaces Need Refill - Unchecked
Only Torches Need Refill - Unchecked
Section is disabled, all fires and torches need refueling

image.png.8022d1c5042c2416d9297c0c9d098373.png

That would be something you can bring up to the developers of Valheim+

We have identically integrated their configuration and wording they use in the config.

Thanks for the detailed break-down though, helpful for those modifying either setting.