Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Remove Lock Password not working?

Toiletduck

Hi guys.. I started my server with a password while some friends and I tested and now we are ready to remove said password and open it up.

In the control panel I should be able to just delete the lock password and restart the server but it doesn't work.  The password keeps repopulating.

Clicking hte green "SAVE" bar at the bottom and it tells me

"The 'Lock Password' value must be set for this game and must be > 5 characters.  Allowed: A-Z, a-z, 0-9"

We are required to password protect servers?  I'm confused.  Does this not do what I think it does?

Thoughts?

Valheim servers currently require a password. A common work around is to put the password in the server title. 

Another workaround is the valheim plus mod which can remove the password requirement. But everyone joining would need it and dunno how well it works with a hosted server. 

Edit: Actually looking at the config i think you can disable the requirement for having the mod installed when joining a valheim plus server. That way you can just use the remove password feature. All the other mod features can be disabled too it seems if you don't want them. 

But if the survivalservers control panel demands a password then the mod way might not work unless they add support for it.