Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to use FTP to edit

graffix

Hi all, I rented a server and thought it would be fairly easy to get it up and going. I read I had to download an FTP editor so I downloaded Win SCP. But now I have no idea what to do in there? What files do I find to drop? If anyone could be patient with me and give me detailed instructions that would be so kind. I don't have much experience with this kind of thing. Thank you.

Thanks that is good to know. However my problem is after I connect to the server, the server side is completely empty. There is nothing at all on my server and I don't know what to put there.

After getting some help, it was set up. I had to update the server. However now anytime I edit anything it makes me no longer able to find the server. I even try to change it back to how it was before but it still doesn't work. Am I somehow not saving it correctly or messing up things another way? Thanks