Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server and Game versions are "incompatible"?

Bakeer

I just updated my game and I am trying to join my server but it just says "incompatible version." I have tried to update my game in the commands, but i dont think its working. I have a freind that has also updated the game and is able to join the server. Help?

i have. multiple times lol. I have restarted from control panel, stopped then started the server again, verified integrity of game files, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my pc, typed the wrong password, and even tried joining other servers just to see if i could get a different message. but it was incompatible version every time

Make sure you don't have the 'Server Update' attribute set to 'Disabled' in your admin console. For some reason mine was, though I definitely don't remember disabling updates at any point. Restarting again now, it says updating and that it may take up to 20 minutes; hopefully that squares it away.

5 minutes ago, BrianAneurysm said:

Make sure you don't have the 'Server Update' attribute set to 'Disabled' in your admin console. For some reason mine was, though I definitely don't remember disabling updates at any point. Restarting again now, it says updating and that it may take up to 20 minutes; hopefully that squares it away.

I enabled it and tried it with all 3 options (only if needed, yes run update, yes run update/validate) and still hasn't worked 

I have the Server Update (Automatic) set to disabled and selected the option for Server Update: run update/validate. Updated successfully to 0.143.5. Make sure you press the button at the bottom "Save settings and restart game server" instead of the restart option at the top.

How long should it take for us to see the server after that? I have restarted and waited a few times but it says "ready" on the control panel so I have to assume something is up. I have tried to add to favorites in steam too, but the "server is not responding". Kind of stuck and wondering what to do.