Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Map Editor

Hey,

Could someone explain me how I can edit the Epoch Chernarus map in the editor to build bases and do events?

I need to download something somewhere and then copy paste it to somewhere else. I'm new to all of this. If someone could explain me how I can actually edit the map I'm playing on with my friends, that would be more than appreciated!

Kind regards,

Janis

Hey,

Could someone explain me how I can edit the Epoch Chernarus map in the editor to build bases and do events?

I need to download something somewhere and then copy paste it to somewhere else. I'm new to all of this. If someone could explain me how I can actually edit the map I'm playing on with my friends, that would be more than appreciated!

Kind regards,

Janis

hi, i think the addon you mean is the editor upgrade which can me found here (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194). once you have downloade that, extract it using winrar or what ever program you prefer, open the folder and copy the @MAP folder to your C/programs86/steam/steam apps /common/arma2 folder, next in steam right click arma 2, go to propertys then set launch options type "-mod=@MAP" without the quoats and press done. now you will have access to all the buildings etc in the editor.

next join your server, then exit out of it untill you get to the player profile/options etc screen, once you are there press alt E this will bring up the editor, select your map and thats it youre in the editor.

now to place a building, what you need to do is first click "centre" in the top right hand corner of the screen, double click anywhere on your map and press ok, next you need to place a group, double click anywhere on your map and press ok, next a unit, double click roughly on the area you will be placing your buildings as when you go into preview this is the charachter you will use. one a unit is placed, press vehicle in the top right hand corner you can place buildings in the 2d or 3d editor which ever you prefer. i wont go into how to navigate the editor now as thats quite easy but if you are strugeling i will help as best i can.

ok so now you have your buildings placed on the map where you want them, now to get them into your server. save your changes as whatever name you like, dosent matter, exit the editor, now go to documents/arma2/missions this is where the code for your buildings are saved :D. open the folder and in notpad++ open the yourfilename.sqf now you need to delete everything from there other than your buildings you added, so delete the unit and group etc from the top and the proscess commande etc from the top. i dont have an unedited file at the moment to show you as an example but i have a finished on i can show you where i added 3 barraks onto my map. so heres what your finished code should look like:-

if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_1 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17178.137, 8253.5391, 0.23748168], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_1 = _this;

_this setDir 45.501339;

_this setPos [17178.137, 8253.5391, 0.23748168];

};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17171.426, 8246.8711, -0.019499402], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_2 = _this;

_this setDir 43.242939;

_this setPos [17171.426, 8246.8711, -0.019499402];

};

_vehicle_3 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_3 = _this;

_this setDir 43.038994;

_this setPos [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789];

};

};

remember to add this line to the top of your script "if (isServer) then {" without the quatation marks. ok we're nearly there lol. no open your mission.pbo im assuming you know how to do this. in there create a new folder and call it buildings (dosent have to be buildings call it what ever you like) take your new .sqf file with your newly added buildings and put it inside your buildings folder. ok last step and were done.

right at the very bottom of your init.sqf, which is in your mission pbo at the bottom. open that in notpad++ and scroll to the very bottom where it says //Mod Config

execVM "config\modconfig.sqf"; underneath that put this like of code [] execVM "buildings\yourfilename.sqf"; but if youve called the buildings folder somthing else or used a capitol B etc make sure it matches. save your work repack your mission.pbo and upload it to your server. job done...hope this helps you, if youre strugeling with anything let me know and ill help you as best i can

ps. if you look at my code i pasted above, when you get your code from the editor, it wont say ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"] most likely instead of Land_ it will say Map_ if you want your placed buildings to spawn with loot in them, change Map to Land if you do not want loot, keep it as map. :) good luck!

hi, i think the addon you mean is the editor upgrade which can me found here (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194). once you have downloade that, extract it using winrar or what ever program you prefer, open the folder and copy the @MAP folder to your C/programs86/steam/steam apps /common/arma2 folder, next in steam right click arma 2, go to propertys then set launch options type "-mod=@MAP" without the quoats and press done. now you will have access to all the buildings etc in the editor.

next join your server, then exit out of it untill you get to the player profile/options etc screen, once you are there press alt E this will bring up the editor, select your map and thats it youre in the editor.

now to place a building, what you need to do is first click "centre" in the top right hand corner of the screen, double click anywhere on your map and press ok, next you need to place a group, double click anywhere on your map and press ok, next a unit, double click roughly on the area you will be placing your buildings as when you go into preview this is the charachter you will use. one a unit is placed, press vehicle in the top right hand corner you can place buildings in the 2d or 3d editor which ever you prefer. i wont go into how to navigate the editor now as thats quite easy but if you are strugeling i will help as best i can.

ok so now you have your buildings placed on the map where you want them, now to get them into your server. save your changes as whatever name you like, dosent matter, exit the editor, now go to documents/arma2/missions this is where the code for your buildings are saved :D. open the folder and in notpad++ open the yourfilename.sqf now you need to delete everything from there other than your buildings you added, so delete the unit and group etc from the top and the proscess commande etc from the top. i dont have an unedited file at the moment to show you as an example but i have a finished on i can show you where i added 3 barraks onto my map. so heres what your finished code should look like:-

if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_1 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17178.137, 8253.5391, 0.23748168], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_1 = _this;

_this setDir 45.501339;

_this setPos [17178.137, 8253.5391, 0.23748168];

};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17171.426, 8246.8711, -0.019499402], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_2 = _this;

_this setDir 43.242939;

_this setPos [17171.426, 8246.8711, -0.019499402];

};

_vehicle_3 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_3 = _this;

_this setDir 43.038994;

_this setPos [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789];

};

};

remember to add this line to the top of your script "if (isServer) then {" without the quatation marks. ok we're nearly there lol. no open your mission.pbo im assuming you know how to do this. in there create a new folder and call it buildings (dosent have to be buildings call it what ever you like) take your new .sqf file with your newly added buildings and put it inside your buildings folder. ok last step and were done.

right at the very bottom of your init.sqf, which is in your mission pbo at the bottom. open that in notpad++ and scroll to the very bottom where it says //Mod Config

execVM "config\modconfig.sqf"; underneath that put this like of code [] execVM "buildings\yourfilename.sqf"; but if youve called the buildings folder somthing else or used a capitol B etc make sure it matches. save your work repack your mission.pbo and upload it to your server. job done...hope this helps you, if youre strugeling with anything let me know and ill help you as best i can

ps. if you look at my code i pasted above, when you get your code from the editor, it wont say ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [17165.113, 8240.6035, 0.00015258789], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"] most likely instead of Land_ it will say Map_ if you want your placed buildings to spawn with loot in them, change Map to Land if you do not want loot, keep it as map. :) good luck!

oh and one last thing, make sure to take the -mod=@map launch perameters out of steam when you go to play normally again, chances are it wont cause you any problems if you dont...but it might lol

oh and one last thing, make sure to take the -mod=@map launch perameters out of steam when you go to play normally again, chances are it wont cause you any problems if you dont...but it might lol

here is my full init.sqf just so there is no confusion

/*

For DayZ Epoch

Addons Credits: Jetski Yanahui by Kol9yN, Zakat, Gerasimow9, YuraPetrov, zGuba, A.Karagod, IceBreakr, Sahbazz

*/

startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];

cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];

enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES

dayZ_instance = 13; //The instance

dayzHiveRequest = [];

initialized = false;

dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

enableRadio false;

// May prevent "how are you civillian?" messages from NPC

enableSentences false;

// DayZ Epoch config

spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)

spawnArea = 2500; // Default = 1500

dayz_MapArea = 20000; // Default = 10000

dayz_minpos = -26000;

dayz_maxpos = 26000;

//Epoch Config Variables

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "config\epochconfig.sqf";

// Dayz Epoch Events

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

progressLoadingScreen 0.1;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers

progressLoadingScreen 0.2;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

progressLoadingScreen 0.5;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "traders\server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\dynamic_vehicle.sqf"; //Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys

_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\mission.sqf";

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";

};

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

//Start Dynamic Weather

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

//Mod Config

execVM "config\modconfig.sqf";

[] execVM "buildings\3barraktest.sqf";

here is my full init.sqf just so there is no confusion

/*

For DayZ Epoch

Addons Credits: Jetski Yanahui by Kol9yN, Zakat, Gerasimow9, YuraPetrov, zGuba, A.Karagod, IceBreakr, Sahbazz

*/

startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];

cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];

enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES

dayZ_instance = 13; //The instance

dayzHiveRequest = [];

initialized = false;

dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen

enableRadio false;

// May prevent "how are you civillian?" messages from NPC

enableSentences false;

// DayZ Epoch config

spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)

spawnArea = 2500; // Default = 1500

dayz_MapArea = 20000; // Default = 10000

dayz_minpos = -26000;

dayz_maxpos = 26000;

//Epoch Config Variables

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "config\epochconfig.sqf";

// Dayz Epoch Events

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

progressLoadingScreen 0.1;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers

progressLoadingScreen 0.2;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

progressLoadingScreen 0.5;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "traders\server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\dynamic_vehicle.sqf"; //Compile vehicle configs

// Add trader citys

_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\mission.sqf";

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";

};

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

//Start Dynamic Weather

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

//Mod Config

execVM "config\modconfig.sqf";

[] execVM "buildings\3barraktest.sqf";

oh and just one last thing lol, whatever you save your map as in the editor, that will be the name of your folder in your documents/arma2/missions the file you need to open and edit in notepad++ will be called mission.sqf, just rename it to whatever you like....sorry hope that didnt get too confusing and jumbled up! lol

oh and just one last thing lol, whatever you save your map as in the editor, that will be the name of your folder in your documents/arma2/missions the file you need to open and edit in notepad++ will be called mission.sqf, just rename it to whatever you like....sorry hope that didnt get too confusing and jumbled up! lol

Oh my god,

Mate. You just helped me out like no one else before. I don't even know how to say thanks to you now. It all works perfectly fine. I followed your steps and I got buildings into my Server.

The only Problem I have now is the following;

If I place buildings in the Editor and they're "on the ground" they work in the Server. As soon as I try to put them in the air or add some altitude or height or whatever you call it they're not spawning on the Server. Is there a fix for it? I want to create a rock-fort base which builds up to a huge rock. But if I'm unable to put one rock on top of the other one it will fuck it up and it's not working. Any help?

Oh my god,

Mate. You just helped me out like no one else before. I don't even know how to say thanks to you now. It all works perfectly fine. I followed your steps and I got buildings into my Server.

The only Problem I have now is the following;

If I place buildings in the Editor and they're "on the ground" they work in the Server. As soon as I try to put them in the air or add some altitude or height or whatever you call it they're not spawning on the Server. Is there a fix for it? I want to create a rock-fort base which builds up to a huge rock. But if I'm unable to put one rock on top of the other one it will fuck it up and it's not working. Any help?

Just tried it again and all my walls are gone which I placed a Little bit up higher.

All the stuff on the ground is in the Server, spawning correctly. All the stuff I changed height by pressing ALT and raising them is not there. Is that a known issue and if yes, please help me to fix it? :)

Just tried it again and all my walls are gone which I placed a Little bit up higher.

All the stuff on the ground is in the Server, spawning correctly. All the stuff I changed height by pressing ALT and raising them is not there. Is that a known issue and if yes, please help me to fix it? :)

And apparently I just moved some buildings which were placed before and actually spawned in before aswell. Moved them to another spot and now there's only one of three buildings in the Server. What have I done wrong? Does it Need multiple restarts, did I upload the files to the wrong spot (Control Panel, browse, upload .pbo)..? I'm so confused. The first buildings I did place are spawning still (walls and rocks) but if I add more buildings they just don't spawn anymore. Whaaat's up? Need help

Is there an Option for Maximum placed objects or vehicles in Chernarus Epoch? maybe it's the Limit since buildings are classed as vehicles?

And apparently I just moved some buildings which were placed before and actually spawned in before aswell. Moved them to another spot and now there's only one of three buildings in the Server. What have I done wrong? Does it Need multiple restarts, did I upload the files to the wrong spot (Control Panel, browse, upload .pbo)..? I'm so confused. The first buildings I did place are spawning still (walls and rocks) but if I add more buildings they just don't spawn anymore. Whaaat's up? Need help

Is there an Option for Maximum placed objects or vehicles in Chernarus Epoch? maybe it's the Limit since buildings are classed as vehicles?

yeah, im affraid you cant lift objects off the ground really in the editor, or if buildings are over lapping eachother that can also cause problems there is are probably way to get around this in the code, but iv never done it my self, i will have a go when i get time, see if i can figure anything out

yeah, im affraid you cant lift objects off the ground really in the editor, or if buildings are over lapping eachother that can also cause problems there is are probably way to get around this in the code, but iv never done it my self, i will have a go when i get time, see if i can figure anything out

what i would suggest if you have made a bit of a mess, is just download your mission.pbo again, delete the buildings folder and remove the line from your init file and start over, nothing goes right first time its dayz! you will get there in the end! but yeah, try not to overlap or lift things from ground level, shorry should have mentioned that lol good luck!

what i would suggest if you have made a bit of a mess, is just download your mission.pbo again, delete the buildings folder and remove the line from your init file and start over, nothing goes right first time its dayz! you will get there in the end! but yeah, try not to overlap or lift things from ground level, shorry should have mentioned that lol good luck!